Audi S3 brake options?

thompa25

Reaction score
Iv got an 08 plate S3 running stage 2+. The brake pads and disks are about shot, and could do with changed. I was thinking now would be an ideal time to change the brakes to something new. I was just wondering what options i have, and what is the best course of action. I have read that you can fit RS4 brakes to the S3, but is it actually worth the money for the gain, or would i be best just upgrading the brake pads, disks and getting some braided brake lines?

There is an endless list of what brakes you can fit but the only issue that may cause some concern would be wheel offset and if the calipers fit along with the wheels.

Brakes to consider are (OEM):

TTRS
RS3
R8

They seem to be the most popular but you can also fit brakes from Lambo's and Porsches as well as aftermarket kits eg Forge or Stassis.

Im running the RS4 wheels 19" i believe. Will have a look on ebay for some OEM brakes

If you are looking for OEM brakes its the TTRS that you need, from what I read they have the correct offset for the S3! I just bought a set of calipers but they dont fit behind my 18 inch RS6 wheels :( I was going to buy new discs if they had fitted but never got as far as that. If you are interested PM me.

Iv got an 08 plate S3 running stage 2+. The brake pads and disks are about shot, and could do with changed. I was thinking now would be an ideal time to change the brakes to something new. I was just wondering what options i have, and what is the best course of action. I have read that you can fit RS4 brakes to the S3, but is it actually worth the money for the gain, or would i be best just upgrading the brake pads, disks and getting some braided brake lines?

Hi Mate,

I'm currently working with Shark Performance designing big brake kits for the S3.
We're looking at 2 options:
312mm Discs with Porsche 4 pot calipers and 330mm AP Racing Discs with Brembo 4 pot calipers. We're looking at making it them reasonably affordable kits, but also very high quality. I've currently got an 08 S3 so we have a test car. Just waiting for the brackets to be manufactured and tested.
Let me know if you'd be interested.
Cheers,
Graham

Graham are you also testing to see if these kits fit under pre-facelift and facelift wheels by any chance, would be very interested if they fitted under pre-facelift wheels.

Graham are you also testing to see if these kits fit under pre-facelift and facelift wheels by any chance, would be very interested if they fitted under pre-facelift wheels.

Hi Matt,

My S3 is a pre-facelift 08, although it's got aftermarket Team Dynamics wheels. We will be checking they fit all types of wheels and if spacers are required for the kits. We want to get them spot on before we market them.