1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Audi s3 apr stage 1 clutch slipping

Brillo182 Oct 20, 2018

1. Brillo182

Brillo182 New Member

I’ve had to remove my apr stage 1 on my Audi s3 manual, as the clutch started slipping. Annoying! The garage is quoting approx £1k for a stage 1 clutch, any recommendations on which brand I should go for? Also any other upgrades that would help?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Leevr

Leevr Well-Known Member Audi S3 Porsche Viper Green

Sachs organic seems to be the way ahead. Contact @Starry he's looking at stage 3 now.

4. pop80_uk

pop80_uk Member

What mileage are you on?

5. Brillo182

Brillo182 New Member

32k on a 14 plate

6. Starry

Starry S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:

I would recommend the Sachs organic if your stage 1, if your looking to go stage 2 then the organic will be working at its very limit with the height torque map. I'm at this stage now and so far all is good. Next stage up would be a Sachs sintered clutch, the trouble Is you then are having to deal with a noisy and on/off type clutch.

7. Novus

Novus New Member

Had the Sachs organic on my golf r then changed to the sintered
    Very little difference between the two imo pedal slightly heavier but not enough to notice and certainly not on off like a switch as a lot of people seem to think and a little noisier but only when first fitted and in reverse up a hill will be when you **** your self
    The reason for the change was I spanked the organic an an apr stage 1 high torque map so consider that whilst they are in the limits they aren’t bomb proof on a stage 1 and as many people do once you go stage 1 you may well go stage 2

Oh and my mrs could drive the R at stage 2 with the sintered without issue

8. Starry

Starry S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:

You definitely get mixed reviews on the sintered, I drove one and found it very snatchy and rattly. Others like yourself say they're fine. If I'm honest, if I'd know I'd go stage 2 id of gone sintered.

Novus likes this.
  9. MikeParkin

MikeParkin Well-Known Member Team Ibis Audi S3 Manual

I’m Sachs 4 paddle sintered been on the car for 10,000 miles and still spot on.

Leevr likes this.