Audi S3 8V Water Pump Failed 3 Times in Last Month

R1up

Reaction score
Lads, I’ve had my s3 custom remapped stage 2 at the start of February (with a supposedly reputable MQB mapper) since then the cars blown 3 water pumps. The day before my car went for mapping an engine light came on for the camshaft adjuster magnets and they said it was all fine for mapping to go ahead with the light on. So I went the next day and had my car mapped and it made 387bhp and 388ft lbs with faulty camshaft adjuster magnets. So, the next day I replaced them and I felt a stupid amount of more power (I don’t think you’d feel like a 5/10 bhp difference) the car feels more like 410bhp now, it has all support except an intercooler. Anyone think it could be the map that’s blowing my water pumps? It’s ridiculous how many times I’ve fitted new water pumps now. If not, does anyone else know what it could be? Had my car on the old stage 2 map for 4 months and didn’t blow a single one, now since the map it’s done 3. Can anyone help ASAP? Thanks.

How do you mean fail?
normally only fail due to age as it’s plastic.

Have you fitted new updated part and cleaned for new seals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you mean fail?
normally only fail due to age as it’s plastic.

Have you fitted new updated part and cleaned for new seals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The last one I had fitted was 4 days ago on Tuesday mate and it lasted until yesterday night, the water pump is leaking coolant both when turned on and when the car is turned off

Ok when you say failed, do you mean its stopped turning, broken parts?

Seems common enough, maybe unrelated;

Ok when you say failed, do you mean its stopped turning, broken parts?

Seems common enough, maybe unrelated;

The water pump and thermostat housing has started leaking mate, it’s happened 4 times

You've replaced the housing 4 times, from reading, they changed from plastic to metal, what are your replacements made of?

You've replaced the housing 4 times, from reading, they changed from plastic to metal, what are your replacements made of?
Yeah I’ve changed the water pump and thermostat housing 3 times this will be my 4th now. I will link the part which I have been getting supplied with buddy.