Facelift Audi S3 8V Stock Catback Backbox modification - More flow!!

WozaS3

Reaction score
Hi guys!

So, We've gutted out and modded the Stock Catback exhaust to net us some extra horses as the stock one held us back on the dyno. MUCH improved sound as well as power!

Allowed us to go from 480BHP to a mega 530BHP 470lbsft

You really don't need to spend £1500+ on an exhaust system...

Reactions: Sve, AlS3BE, Leevr and 1 other person
Any body know of a double mmi lead that has usb and ipod classic in one ? Ie so I don't have to keep shopping leads over

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Any body know of a double mmi lead that has usb and ipod classic in one ? Ie so I don't have to keep shopping leads over

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Start your own topic bro this post is about an exhaust mod

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sve, WozaS3, AlS3BE and 1 other person
Hi guys!

So, We've gutted out and modded the Stock Catback exhaust to net us some extra horses as the stock one held us back on the dyno. MUCH improved sound as well as power!

Allowed us to go from 480BHP to a mega 530BHP 470lbsft

You really don't need to spend £1500+ on an exhaust system...

So are your still using the stock turbo, stock down pipe and stock CAT for 530bhp?

So are your still using the stock turbo, stock down pipe and stock CAT for 530bhp?

No - I'm using a TTV4 Turbo with Scorpion Decat, APR LPFP, Autotech HPFP, Forge intake and front mount intercooler with Forge Boost pipes (turbo - intercooler - inlet) RS3 coil packs with NGK 9's plugs

Reactions: Leevr
Why is one of the pipes perforated and does anyone know why there is 3 pipes in the oe exhaust and seems to just pump into the back box?
Also how much did it cost? A good fabricator will be £40-50 an hour so curious would it be more cost effective just getting an aftermarket back box instead?

Why is one of the pipes perforated and does anyone know why there is 3 pipes in the oe exhaust and seems to just pump into the back box?
Also how much did it cost? A good fabricator will be £40-50 an hour so curious would it be more cost effective just getting an aftermarket back box instead?

One of the pipes is perforated to reduce noise levels whilst the Exhaust valves are closed - otherwise the Valved system would be redundant and essentially the car would be straight piped

There are three pipes in the OEM for emission and sound reduction, We are building and selling these modified exhausts for £650 - which is less than half the price of a valved and resonated aftermarket exhaust - if you were to buy just an after market backbox, you would lose the valved system and the ability to reduce/increase noise via the cars drive modes

Reactions: AlS3BE
Would these be available for the saloon also? as they have longer tailpipes from the rear box to the diffusers.