Facelift Audi S3 8V FL Saloon Mods - Res Delete, Body kit & More!

Adi-M

Nevarra Blue Black Edition S3 8V FL Saloon
Reaction score
Right, so i have owned my S3 for just over 3 weeks now, and i absolutely love it! Could not be happier. (had my deposit down on a VW GTI performance but found this beauty at the last second so cancelled the GTI and went for this - probably one of the best decisions i have ever made) Anyway, i spent the 2 days before collection looking at threads of mods and youtube videos of all the things people have done to their cars. This gave me a few ideas of what to do with mine. Car came standard with super sport seats (a must), pan roof (a must), virtual cockpit (a must), red callipers, 19" V spokes, Black Edition trim etc

So here is the car as standard, stock and not been touched:

492ff609 ead0 4efc 9035 a8b6f3a38509

73531749 edff 4c5e 9de9 92b9f24071fd

I have carried out a few mods and would love to help anyone who wants to know more with what i have done and also would love to know your opinions of what has already been done and what more can be done. Kept it as subtle and stock as possible as i did not want to go over board with the mods. Please let me know in the comments below!!!!! Please have a look at the images and let me know guys!

A list of the things i have done so far in order:
  • Res Delete
  • Front tints
  • 4D tinted shortened number plates
  • XENONZ UK Front splitter
  • XENONZ UK Side Skirts
  • XENONZ UK Spoiler lip extension
  • Audi Missano Red Textile Mats
  • Red Air Vent Loops
  • Black Audi Front Badge
  • Rear Audi Logo Puddle lights
IMG 4324 2
IMG 4318 2
IMG 4321
IMG 4351
IMG 4337 2
IMG 4346 2
IMG 4335
IMG 3952
IMG 3959

56753250 e308 41d7 914c 2c6ee03c5f9f
IMG 4115

SORRY ABOUT THE DIRTY CAR (p.s. fast cars get dirty quicker)

On the list to do:
  • Front 20mm H&R spacers
  • Rear 15mm H&R spacers
  • Lowering springs
  • Black rear badges
  • Black exhaust tips
  • JB4 box (maybe)
  • TTRS steering wheel (maybe)
Would really appreciate some feedback!

Attachments

• IMG_4353.jpg
    IMG_4353.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 1,827
Reactions: dp_motley, mark351, MattSedg and 1 other person
Car looks great. Have you considered taking the front plinth off? Think the smaller plate looks odd on such a large plinth

Lovely car and some great mods, you've certainly been busy the last 3 weeks. Love the plates but agree that the front one looks a tad small, are they the new 4D type? front spliiter is mint..

Car looks great. Have you considered taking the front plinth off? Think the smaller plate looks odd on such a large plinth

Yes!!!!!! I do want to do this and have been looking at threads on people changing grills and sticking their number plates on the windscreen, but I have seen many tweets from police as this is not allowed and you get £100 fine. Can you please help me figure on how to do this on the grill I already have?

Yes!!!!!! I do want to do this and have been looking at threads on people changing grills and sticking their number plates on the windscreen, but I have seen many tweets from police as this is not allowed and you get £100 fine. Can you please help me figure on how to do this on the grill I already have?
Yeah, wouldn't advise putting it on the window.

My thinking is that the plinth has clips on the back of it that attach it to the grill. You could theoretically remove them from the plinth, place them back onto the grill and superglue the plate to the clips (just a dab of glue on the end of each clip). That way it would be easy to remove but still sturdy enough to hold the plate on and not damage it

Lovely car and some great mods, you've certainly been busy the last 3 weeks. Love the plates but agree that the front one looks a tad small, are they the new 4D type? front spliiter is mint..

Yes they are the new 4D plates, I have been mad busy, and spent a lot of money. I budgeted £1000 for all my mods I am at £820 with all of the above. So still got some for the spacers

But honestly, see so many people taking pictures of my car, coming round the back to see if it’s an S3 or S4. People are confused.

Yeah, wouldn't advise putting it on the window.

My thinking is that the plinth has clips on the back of it that attach it to the grill. You could theoretically remove them from the plinth, place them back onto the grill and superglue the plate to the clips (just a dab of glue on the end of each clip). That way it would be easy to remove but still sturdy enough to hold the plate on and not damage it

Right, I will look into this on the weekend! See what I can figure out. Really do want to get rid of that excess space. Any other things you would consider doing?

Reactions: Kondax
Right, I will look into this on the weekend! See what I can figure out. Really do want to get rid of that excess space. Any other things you would consider doing?
Honestly not a clue sorry. I've just got my first car (sportback s-line 2014) and I'd love to do some little mods (cannot really do any performance mods due to insurance, only aesthetic) but I cannot find anything that would really be worth it. If you manage to take the plinth of let me know how it goes because I've got a 5-char number plate and it'd be nice to have a smaller one on my car too

Are you thinking to change the grille to an RS3 style honeycomb version?

Are you thinking to change the grille to an RS3 style honeycomb version?

Somebody did suggest that to me, but no I won’t be doing that. I could have bought an RS3 if I wanted one, I don’t want to cross that fine line . I’m happy with my grill because it came with black edition trim. If you are interested in the RS3 grill my guy can sort you out, who did my body kit. Check him Xenonz UK.

No for me either. I like the S3 black edition look as it’s less overstated than the RS3. I do like the engine of the RS3 but it felt a bit too shouty over the S3. Performance is fantastic in the RS3 but 99% of the time the S3 is quite enough. Maybe look at a stage 1 in the future but not touching the externals. Your car looks good though and sits well.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma - like some of your mods, but not so keen on some of the others.

Would be interested to see what your doing in getting black exhaust tips - are they OEM?

The TTRS steering wheel is stunning, but don't know if you can get all the buttons to function on a S3?

No for me either. I like the S3 black edition look as it’s less overstated than the RS3. I do like the engine of the RS3 but it felt a bit too shouty over the S3. Performance is fantastic in the RS3 but 99% of the time the S3 is quite enough. Maybe look at a stage 1 in the future but not touching the externals. Your car looks good though and sits well.

Your correct there, RS3 just adds on too much to your bills in terms of fuel, insurance and the cost. For a tiny fraction more power and the letter R. It’s not worth it at this end of the market, at the higher end 5’s and 6’s I would get the RS models.

I will probably do JB4 instead of remap. As it’s removable etc etc.. and thank you for the nice comments! Appreciate it

I'm in a bit of a dilemma - like some of your mods, but not so keen on some of the others.

Would be interested to see what your doing in getting black exhaust tips - are they OEM?

The TTRS steering wheel is stunning, but don't know if you can get all the buttons to function on a S3?

Hi, thanks for that. But I’m curious, what do you like and what do you not like?

And they are not OEM that’s the issue. Now I can spray them black but then I can’t go back to chrome/will not be the same. So I’d rather buy seperate tips.

Also TTRS steering wheel is fully functional. Plug and play installations are done by Aoon. If you check him on insta and he’s got threads on here too. But it costs £1800 supplied and fitted. For me that’s way too much... for a red button.

Hi l think, just and only just you get away with the exterior add ons simply because of the dark Navarra blue paint, on a lighter coloured car they would look rather controversial to say the least, the red air vent rings are harmless but maybe you should look into getting the proper oem design pack vents

Reactions: SPIKE_
Hi l think, just and only just you get away with the exterior add ons simply because of the dark Navarra blue paint, on a lighter coloured car they would look rather controversial to say the least, the red air vent rings are harmless but maybe you should look into getting the proper oem design pack vents

Hi, thanks for the input! Really do appreciate it. I have had a look into them already as I was considering the OEM, however the reason I did not was because the outer ring which is coloured red on OEM, is gloss black already on my car as it’s black edition so I didn’t want to change that, it’s a 50/50 with everyone with the red rings. But I always follow what I like although I like people’s opinions.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Any link with Xenonz? They seem to be using your car in their promo photos :p

Any link with Xenonz? They seem to be using your car in their promo photos :p

Hahah yes! Wooooo, famous :p..

And yes he manufactured them side skirts because I asked him. And he supplied and fitted the spoiler and front splitter too. Awesome guy, the quality is better than any other I’ve checked! Check him out and if you do use him, mention me and he might sort you out in price!

Hi @Adi-M

I've got same car, same age and colour. Been in touch with Xenonz last week about body kit and then found pictures of yours which have convinced me to buy and thinking of fitting them myself. Did you fit them yourself or someone else do them mate? Do you think it's doable?

Cheers.

Hi @Adi-M

I've got same car, same age and colour. Been in touch with Xenonz last week about body kit and then found pictures of yours which have convinced me to buy and thinking of fitting them myself. Did you fit them yourself or someone else do them mate? Do you think it's doable?

Cheers.
Hi , good option! It adds so much character to the car. Catches a lot of eyes. But I took my car down and the owner - Zeeshan - fitted them for me! Great guy! It is doable fitting them yourself, you need 2-3 people, to support you and eyes for getting it centred. Good degreaser, and. A couple of screws.

Hi , good option! It adds so much character to the car. Catches a lot of eyes. But I took my car down and the owner - Zeeshan - fitted them for me! Great guy! It is doable fitting them yourself, you need 2-3 people, to support you and eyes for getting it centred. Good degreaser, and. A couple of screws.

I asked if they could fit them and he just said he knows someone but long waiting list. I'm going over this week so will see. What did they charge?

I asked if they could fit them and he just said he knows someone but long waiting list. I'm going over this week so will see. What did they charge?

Hmmm to be fair, he did say he doesn’t really do fittings because he is quite busy! It was a one off :p.. how much is he charging you?

Hmmm to be fair, he did say he doesn’t really do fittings because he is quite busy! It was a one off :p.. how much is he charging you?

Not sure yet will see when I get there, but now you've said that I'm gonna mention you!

Reactions: Adi-M
When you say rear Audi logo puddle lights, do you mean the rear doors to have them as well? And not just driver and passenger doors?
Car looks great, tempted of them side skirts and a splitter for mine, not sure if it'd look as good on Ara blue colour.

Great stuff on yours

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

When you say rear Audi logo puddle lights, do you mean the rear doors to have them as well? And not just driver and passenger doors?
Car looks great, tempted of them side skirts and a splitter for mine, not sure if it'd look as good on Ara blue colour.

Great stuff on yours

Appreciate the kind words! And yes I have installed the Audi logo lights on the rear doors too! It’s so easy to do literally clip out and back in. Bought the lights on eBay too think they was about £50.
I think it will look good on any colour tbh. It’s black. Goes with everything. I’ve seen it on yellow, white, black...

Appreciate the kind words! And yes I have installed the Audi logo lights on the rear doors too! It’s so easy to do literally clip out and back in. Bought the lights on eBay too think they was about £50.
I think it will look good on any colour tbh. It’s black. Goes with everything. I’ve seen it on yellow, white, black...
Have you got a link to the ones you got? In terms of the lights and "body kit" would appreciate it. Thanks.

Reactions: Adam14
Have you got a link to the ones you got? In terms of the lights and "body kit" would appreciate it. Thanks.

I've seen puddle lights on eBay for 7-8 quid for a pair mate. Obviously not genuine but worth a go for that.

I've seen puddle lights on eBay for 7-8 quid for a pair mate. Obviously not genuine but worth a go for that.
Thanks but I'd rather get the genuine parts especially when it comes to putting electrics into my car. Just personal preference but thanks anyway!

It is worth a go I suppose, just make sure they don’t mess your electrics. Audi won’t cover you with warranty as you haven’t used genuine Audi parts. I’ve seen some genuine ones around £40 cheapest I’ve seen. I saw some nice ones which said S3.. but I stuck with the Audi rings. Don’t like the Quattro either.

Could you give me a link to the red ring vents please and are they easy to fit.

I don't have a link but they're super easy. Just wedge a trim removed / debit card / butter knife behind the vent and you can pop it out. Takes 20 seconds.

The eBay listing has expired, they are stick on rings. There’s no need to pop out the vents, all you have to do is peel the double sided tape on the underside of the ring and stick them onto the existing vents :D. Nice and easy. They cost me £18 for all 4.