Facelift Audi S3 8V - Finally Stage 3!

WozaS3

Reaction score
Finally hit stage 3 with the help from a Technics V4 Turbo..

We hit 435WHP @ 1.9 bar but with the stock catback we seen high EGT's so we backed it off to 1.85bar

We will be back once we have sorted a none ridiculously loud Catback!

Good work - My S3 has been Stage 3+ since October 2018 and been fantastic

Not many cars with 450+ bhp can claim up to 40mpg and a 0-60 in just over 3s

Reactions: Damo S and WozaS3
Good work - My S3 has been Stage 3+ since October 2018 and been fantastic

Not many cars with 450+ bhp can claim up to 40mpg and a 0-60 in just over 3s

I'm yet to properly stretch its legs with being in lockdown now, but I did achieve 46mpg when it was stage 2+ - I will have to see what I can achieve in this form!

I'd love to go stage 3 but its a lot of money (turbo, even more uprated clutch, racing cat). Maybe one day, but if my turbo packs up then that would force my hand :)

Reactions: WozaS3
I'd love to go stage 3 but its a lot of money (turbo, even more uprated clutch, racing cat). Maybe one day, but if my turbo packs up then that would force my hand :)

Yup, a little over £6k it has cost me to get this far!

Finally hit stage 3 with the help from a Technics V4 Turbo..

We hit 435WHP @ 1.9 bar but with the stock catback we seen high EGT's so we backed it off to 1.85bar

We will be back once we have sorted a none ridiculously loud Catback!

Congrats it must be a flying machine :icon thumright:

It's another level now over stage 2! still haven't properly stretched its legs with being in lockdown now

really? my foot hit the deck as soon as I was out of the tuners (stage 2) and the oil was up to temp :)

really? my foot hit the deck as soon as I was out of the tuners (stage 2) and the oil was up to temp :)
I know right! When I left the rollers it was peak rush hour, was wall to wall with traffic for the whole of the commute home :( literally not even a clear 100m to push it

Is that on standard internals?
Curious to see how much abuse the standard internal and gearbox can take before it becomes expensive.

Reactions: JohnM100 and WozaS3
Is that on standard internals?
Curious to see how much abuse the standard internal and gearbox can take before it becomes expensive.

Yes stock internals, bit of a luck of the draw really - lots of people are sitting on 550bhp for over 2yrs now with no problems reported, some are even pushing 600bhp! But, there are reports of failures, mainly rods bending.. but you have to wonder what abuse they've had, biggest killer is heat - I'll be investing in an external oil cooler soon, most failures are a result of people not watching their temps and then BANG!!

Really is a lucky dip though, engines have blown at stage 2, or even stock motors gone bang! I'll be doing what I can to avoid that, regular oil changes now at 5k with nothing but Millers NT+ going in

Reactions: AlS3BE
How’s the car performin?
any issues come up?
would you have done anything different?
I'm going to stage 3 on the 24th May but using the Venom9 turbo.
Been building the car ready for stage 3 and cooling was my main focus.