Audi S3 8V aluminium footrest

acejas01

Reaction score
Hi there,
This is my first post as a new member.
I am waiting for my new S3 sport back to arrive for me to pick it up on the 8th of March. I was wondering whether the UK sped S3's come with an aluminium footrest. I have see some conflicting pictures on euro spec cars that indeed do have there. Any of you guys who have picked yours up already, could you please confirm. If they dont, then can these be bought as an accessorie.

Thanks in advance

By the way, the waiting is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think it's available for RHD cars. Could be wrong though.

Mention of the aluminium footrest for the S3 has been removed from the latest February 2013 Price and Specification Guide and the only one listed in the parts catalogue is for LHD. There is nothing listed at all for RHD.

Reactions: warren_S5
I have a RHD without the alu footrest...thought it was an ommission until I saw this thread :(

Gotta say, then that is pants as the LHD drive does look like the more finished car

The footrest in the RHD is a lot smaller I think because of the proximity of the central console, so the plate wouldn't fit on it. Could always get a custom one done somewhere I bet for not too much, on a laser or hydro cutter.

I am too busy enjoying driving to be bothered with adornments!

The foot rest (otherwise referred to as "dead pedal") is only available on LHD cars. This is simply due to lack of space on the centre console side of the driver'a footwell.

There are people selling stainless steel dead pedal plates for pre-MBQ cars on eBay and companies like OSIR also sell them. No doubt they will become available for the new shape S3 in time as these cars become more common and companies can borrow customer vehicles to take measurements and test fit.

4870833A D86C 4FAD 8EB3 E93B5AF75262

Attachments

• B14AD4E6-9E4E-41B1-8627-308A0794E01B.jpeg
    B14AD4E6-9E4E-41B1-8627-308A0794E01B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65