Audi S3 8v 2014 Pre-Facelift (installing LCI RS3 8v bumper)

Shazzy

Reaction score
As mentioned in the title i am going ahead with installing a rs3 8v facelift bumper on my pre facelift S3, can anyone give advice things to watch out for!?

I believe their was a thread here before, which I cannot find!

Many thanks

Shazzy

Also how do I find out if this part number is suitable for my sport back?

no 8v4807437E

8V4 means sportback, 8V5 - saloon.

Good luck with the project! Are you changing the wings and side skirts to the RS3 too?

Thanks Dp_motley, no I'm just changing the front bumper, headlights and rs3 quattro grill.

I've already changed the rear lights to the FL dynamic sweeping lights using Audi retrofits harness kit, I purchased the rear lights off Ebay for a bargain too.

I've also added the RS3 black rotor alloys with Michelin PS4 tyres and I got it remapped at stage 2 ... pushing 410bhp and 590 torque.. :p

Reactions: dp_motley
Can anyone advice me on the headlights are they going to be plug in and play? I currently have the pre FL matrix headlights xenon/led... the new FL are going to be xenon/led and not matrix.

1) RS3 bumper is about 3-4mm wider than S3 and it won't fit, or fit perfectly... Most people went with AFTERMARKET FL RS3 replica bumpers instead.
2) Going with non-matrix is a good idea, but still lots of splicing involved and you'll really need to know what you're doing.. And new BCM as well.
3) There's no such thing as PFL matrix xenon/led... PFL doesn't come with matrix at all..

Thanks Dp_motley, no I'm just changing the front bumper, headlights and rs3 quattro grill.

I've already changed the rear lights to the FL dynamic sweeping lights using Audi retrofits harness kit, I purchased the rear lights off Ebay for a bargain too.

I've also added the RS3 black rotor alloys with Michelin PS4 tyres and I got it remapped at stage 2 ... pushing 410bhp and 590 torque.. :p
good luck with the rs3 makeover, where did you get the harness kit for the rear dynamic lights I keep seeing so many diff ones would rather buy
the right ones -cheers

I bought them from audi retro fit his names Ash.. top bloke bit pricey for the harness kit but its quality stuff litro was plug and play

Reactions: paulo16
@larbel the PFL has matrix headlights... matrix isn't the dynamic sweep headlights ... I checked the specs on the car and it did mention they I have matrix headlights on my 64 plate.

I wasn't aware the bumper was 3 or 4mm wider than the s3... that's going to be **** then :/ back to the drawing board

Thanks for the heads up

@larbel the PFL has matrix headlights... matrix isn't the dynamic sweep headlights ... I checked the specs on the car and it did mention they I have matrix headlights on my 64 plate.

I wasn't aware the bumper was 3 or 4mm wider than the s3... that's going to be **** then :/ back to the drawing board

Thanks for the heads up

No, there isn't... Where and what specs are you looking at that tells you have matrix? Google what Audi matrix headlight technology is and does and see for yourself.

Can anyone advice me on the headlights are they going to be plug in and play? I currently have the pre FL matrix headlights xenon/led... the new FL are going to be xenon/led and not matrix.

Matrix headlights are LED and FL only.

PFL Xenon/LED are not matrix.

Separate from that, LED and Xenon use different modules / wiring / ballast so changing is v complex even if it were possible.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s3-headlights-query.381005/

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/has-anyone-facelifted-an-s3-with-matrix-headlights.387477/

Thanks for the heads up

As others have said the PFL never came with matrix LED lights, so who ever told you it came with them is talking porkies.

I would change the wings if you want a proper fit and and you’re car to look decent and not a bodged back garden job.

Nice one I've sourced the wings so I'm going ahead with rs3 bumper will upload pics after installation

Actually, it won’t look decent coz the front wishbone is longer on the RS3 so...

Hey Larbel I've spoken to my body shop ..... they've done all the measurements and said its a bang on fit.... are you sure it wont look right because of the wishbone? Lol

Are you using genuine RS3 FL bumper or is it adjusted aftermarket? If it's genuine RS3 bumper and they're telling you it's bang on fit, I'll be worried about that shop's judgement... Like I said, it's like 3-4mm difference, you can of course bend it to fit, but it won't be a perfect fit. And wishbone and wheel offset is different, but guess you can use spacer or whatever to compensate.

Facelift headlights on a pre-fl car is a lot of work.
Needs wiring, a couple of modules and a lot of coding.
Also thanks for the shoutout for the rear harness... plug and play off cars with led tail lights. Halogen to led fl needs coding and the harness is different.

As mentioned in the title i am going ahead with installing a rs3 8v facelift bumper on my pre facelift S3, can anyone give advice things to watch out for!?

I believe their was a thread here before, which I cannot find!

Many thanks

Shazzy

Hello did you manage ti finish the project ? I’m looking for doing the same on my a3 8v preface