Audi S3 8P Wheel Spacer Bolt Type & Thread Size

HHS3

Phantom Black S3 - R-Tech Stage 2+
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm currently on the standard S3 suspension and height which is 12mm lower than the A3, I'm planning on dropping 25mm later this year with the H&R springs (I'll remove the rear arch screws). I've got a set of TD 1.2 alloys on which are 5x112/18''/8J/ET45 running Michelin PS4's 225/40/18.

The front looks spot on sitting perfectly flush, however the rears are still not sitting wide enough for my liking so I'm opting for either 12mm or 8mm spacers (as I'm wanting to drop by 25mm and alloys are 8J not 7.5 like most people on 12mm it seems).

Longer bolts might be required apparently, therefore please can someone confirm what I require regarding:
  • Bolt Type Radius/Tapered
  • Thread Size 25/28/35/41/55mm
Now that I'm considering 8mm then H&R do a reasonably priced kit for £55.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Standard wheel bolts are 14x1.5x27mm radius, you need to add the spacer size to the 27mm and then check weather your new wheels use radius or tapered bolts.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Reactions: mechanic69 and HHS3
Thanks Damian.

After some searching I found that leshkin who has the same alloys as me said that they're tapered bolts.

Reactions: mechanic69
@DPM

Hi mate,

Thanks for the AP Coilovers by the way, absolutely loving em.

I want to fit a locking wheel bolt to each of my four alloys (details in first post), however I want to make sure that I get the right size etc. and that they're tapered.

I need M14x1.5 with a min of 27mm going by your post, I'm also going to be removing the 5mm spacers I've currently got fitted on the rear (none on front) so it'll be standard in that respect.

I was looking on your website but it doesn't look as though you sell locking wheel bolts, unless I'm blind which is perfectly plausible!

Can you confirm if the below will suffice please? They appear to be tapered and it says that the seat type is 60 degrees which is a charasteristic of a tapered bolt if I'm not mistaken.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/McGard-SL...489585&hash=item4d4a00bf8a:g:jzAAAOSwUKxYfycU

Cheers.

Last edited:
Do people still nick wheels ? I thought they just took the car these days.

Yes they look like the correct ones.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Thanks Damian.

Do people still nick wheels ? I thought they just took the car these days.

Anything is possible with the pathetic scum that still roam this planet unfortunately. I feel like I've already pushed my luck running no locking wheel bolts for over a year!