Audi S3 8p Helix Clutch Excessive Judder

Neil Llewellyn

Reaction score
Hi, i bought an organic helix clutch with with a Luk dual mass flywheel from aks tuning around 6 months ago, they stated that I may experience a slight judder up until around 500 miles and then it should be alot better, I'm now 3000 miles in and it's not any better id go to say it's got worse, has anyone experienced this helix clutches before? As at the moment I'm £1200 down with purchase of clutch and fitment cost.

Have you spoken to AKS? Another member experienced this so they replaced the clutch.

I have the Helix/Luk clutch installed by AKS. Initially there was judder when pulling away from the lights, but after about 200 miles this disappeared. Did you break in the clutch carefully for 500 miles of town driving? Not motorway. I didn't take it past 2k revs for that period.

Yes all broke in, very reasonable driving, I find when the car is cold I don't get it, but when the car has warmed up that's when I get it, but it's only on pulling off and reversing

We had a Helix fitted by AKS maybe 3 years ago on a TTS and the judder was appalling.
I contacted them and it was changed by them under warranty with no problem.
The replacement lasted maybe 2 months before the pressure plate broke leaving the car undeliverable.
Once again, AKS replaced it and there were no more problems. It was acknowledged at the time that there were problems with Helix but should be OK now.
I’d give them a call and you should get a positive answer.

Reactions: samuelh_888 and Daveyonthemove