Audi S3 8P Exhaust system!?

Joshua Ward

Reaction score
Hi all,

i am looking for a relatively cheap exhaust (£400-£800) for my car and was wondering if anyone knew of a good custom exhaust company or an off the shelf exhaust that sounds really low and burbly? :highly amused:

really like the sound of the deeper exhaust notes.

thanks.

i heard of place up in leeds called Prestige Custom Exhausts but would love to hear some good ones anywhere close by ?

I think you are going to struggle to find something new that is decent quality within your budget. However, you may be lucky and spot a 2nd hand system. Be aware that if you change the downpipe to will need a remap to remove the light that will appear on your dashboard.
The cheapest option that does what you want is a resonator delete. Be careful as some may make the exhaust drone at motorway speeds

Reactions: Daveyonthemove and Konstantinos
What about stock exhaust. Is it sufficient for full stage 1 setup?
Removing the resonator will improve the performance on a stock car?

On an S3, the main restriction is the downpipe and standard cats. If that is replaced with 76mm pipework and a free flowing sports cat and remapped you will see about 330 BHP. Maybe more if you have a free flowing intake.
The whole idea with a stage 1 remap is that no hardware changes are made. However, if you do change components, a custom remapper would be able to fine tune to get the best out of your car.
My son has a resonator delete on a TT and he thinks it might be slightly more responsive.

Reactions: Konstantinos
Have the intake already, I will go for the downpipe soon and then tune it to see the results!
Thanks for the input!

You can take your S3 to Stage 2 with just stock going by what other more experienced members have mentioned on here ,

Mine has a resonator delete. Much nicer on cold start, and I get a few crackles on gear changes under hard acceleration, but normal driving is fine. No drone.
Not sure if this link will work, but I uploaded this video to my Instagram last weekend.

Stage 2 requires a downpipe and intake. @Joshua Ward if you don’t want to spend £’000 then speak to Pipewerx for one of their downpipes. They are very good quality and are one of the go-to options for the 8L. They do an 8P dp too. This would then allow your to upgrade the rest of the system later if so desired.

Search eBay - and yes, they do motorcycle systems too, this is where they made their name. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/301548283456

Reactions: Konstantinos