Audi S3 8P Dash into Audi S3 8L

ShaunS3

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.
Regional Rep
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Is this possible?

To me the dash boards appear to be very similar in dimensions and basic shape, barring the updated air vents and console.

I've heard of people putting S3 dash's into VW Golf, so i'm hoping the 8P dash is transferrable into an 8L S3.

8P dash:

new+s3+interior.jpg

8L dash:

images

Awaits patiently for some Audi guru to tell me this is possible and more importantly....easy :)

if it does fit, would it not be too much hassle to try and get the instruments to work? ie clocks, dis, stereo, climate control?

Don't build something you can buy .. It always ends in tears!

Having owned an 8p previously I don't think it would be worth it, not a big fan of their interiors, if you changed your steering wheel, gearknob/gaitor and fitted the newer satnav unit it would bring it up to date alot cheaper and easier

Just buy an 8P?..

It's all well and easy saying jusy buy an 8P, but i don't want an 8P. I prefer the look of the 8L but also prefer the 8P dash with the circular air vents and centre console. Hence why i am asking if it is easy to transfer the dash over to the 8L chassis.

Having owned an 8p previously I don't think it would be worth it, not a big fan of their interiors, if you changed your steering wheel, gearknob/gaitor and fitted the newer satnav unit it would bring it up to date alot cheaper and easier

Cheers for the honest but informative reply. This is the kind of response i was looking for.

Does the 8P MFSW work properly on the 8L, such as airbag and steering wheel controls? Definately getting the gearknob anyway.

if it does fit, would it not be too much hassle to try and get the instruments to work? ie clocks, dis, stereo, climate control?

I wondered if the original 8L clocks would fit into the dash?

The dash wiring can all stay as 8L with a few tweeks to accomodate newer features i would presume....

Hi guys.. You reckon you could pop the 8p clocks in an 8l? Just wondering out of interest!

Hi guys.. You reckon you could pop the 8p clocks in an 8l? Just wondering out of interest!

Due to it being a different chassis I'm pretty sure it's not possible.

It's all well and easy saying jusy buy an 8P, but i don't want an 8P. I prefer the look of the 8L but also prefer the 8P dash with the circular air vents and centre console. Hence why i am asking if it is easy to transfer the dash over to the 8L chassis.

the TT has those air vents and that dash is reasonably easy to fit... I'm just finishing up mine...