Audi s3 8p cambelt change costs

johny

audi s3 8p sportback
Reaction score
Hello was wounderin if any 1 on here could help i rang audi dealers for cost on cambelt an warter pump replecmet on audi s3 2010 model. The dealer what is close is liverpool they tell me price for complete job is £600 with discount haha. So with me thinking price is to much i rang stafford audi for price for same job on same car and there price is £400 so theres a £200 pound differnce between the dealers thought it should be same price throughout the country. So i called liverpool audi and explained to them for them to be no help at all do i have a case here with them. I could just go stafford but that would be 120 miles round trip and dont think a customer of audi should have to do that when liverpool audi alot closer. Has any 1 had same problems with dealers and did anythink get sorted thanks
Jon

check the audi uk website for the cost. They wont be able to argue with that.

You never said what engine you have. It does matter. I have a 2l tfsi with a AXX engine code and audi is 600 quid as the engine has to be moved out to replace the belt. However 600 quid for the belt and then whatever they pick up on. They refused to do my belt saying my car was unsafe and i needed this and that which totaled to around 3k. I just laughed and walked out, dont deal with audi anymore got someone doing it for 400 pounds no issues

On Stafford Audi website under s3 it says £455 cambelt and £599 with water pump.
Just double check before you travel

You never said what engine you have. It does matter. I have a 2l tfsi with a AXX engine code and audi is 600 quid as the engine has to be moved out to replace the belt. However 600 quid for the belt and then whatever they pick up on. They refused to do my belt saying my car was unsafe and i needed this and that which totaled to around 3k. I just laughed and walked out, dont deal with audi anymore got someone doing it for 400 pounds no issues

I have the same car and planning to get my belt done next year... why does the engine need to come out? Oh gosh

The difference in price is probably due to one quoting for the cambelt and one quoting for cambelt and waterpump. Audi fixed priced servicing lists the cambelt at £455 and the cambelt and waterpump at £599 although I appreciate some dealers might have special offers now and again. We went with Audi as I don't like to take chances on work like this and I don't know any really good independents nearby. It's expensive compared to some Indys but, we get piece of mind and free MOT's for life (although this may not be 'free' if they find stuff that they say needs doing!!).

Local independent garage near me was £340 for cambelt and tensioner including an oil change.

The bonus, in theory of a main dealer, if you can chase the price down is the 2 year warranty on all parts fitted?

Hi johny my friend had his cambelt and water pump changed on his 2007 s3 at VAG technik in Eccles Salford (not far from Trafford centre)he paid around £350 which includes a 12 month warranty.
Hope this helps.

Gates timing belt kit 350 quid fitted
Audi Timing belt kit 400 quid fitted

Is what I was quoted.

I have the same car and planning to get my belt done next year... why does the engine need to come out? Oh gosh

The reason is it's a one piece timing cover, There's no way to remove it without lifting the engine up, It's a huge pain in the rear.