audi s3 8p auto dimming rear view mirror retrofit

GUY REED

Reaction score
hi im new can any one help me i got a audi s3 8p i was want to fit auto dimming mirror to car i live near Durham if any can fit thanks

Iirc you also need auto lights and wipers as i think it was all part of the same pack?

Perhaps @NHN can clarify

Iirc you also need auto lights and wipers as i think it was all part of the same pack?

Perhaps @NHN can clarify

Indeed, you need the light/rainsensor in your windshield as these connect to the same loom to your ECU.
@NHN can fit this all for you, but you first need to get a new windshield with a sensor"sticker" on it.

0j-swgYuD1mEybmxDhMIuHyGMhm3QMH4QZiLnio-gbAzJzYGRtStKYP2b7AOEyljuAWh87j8aQpg7dklVCSdUjwM7vtQDgXULzTurYhYTbTefHsePgoGpa4lDluttzq7MUpQ0_b_8j84SY0elcybgTwR3YdipSlNVrC_VvW5_5G3DJoG7savAsqIPA

Reactions: abmat
What do you want exactly ?

There are 2 options :

1. Audi A4 auto dimming center mirror , here you will only need mirror , cables , all it needs is ignition + , - , R signal , + from the dome light to not dim when that is on . This way you don't need a new windshield, or don't need to modify yours. No auto lights are possible with this mirror like this.
2. A3 OEM solution for 2005+ cars where you need Mirror + Rain/Light sensor , Cables above + an additional permanent + , - and Lin bus for the the rain/light sensor , new windshield , new light switch if you want auto lights .

Both can be done at home , Kufatec , K-Electronic and other sell the complete cable set for 90% plug and play.

Reactions: George Kost
How much will it be for you to fit it what the sensor"sticker thanks
Indeed, you need the light/rainsensor in your windshield as these connect to the same loom to your ECU.
@NHN can fit this all for you, but you first need to get a new windshield with a sensor"sticker" on it.

0j-swgYuD1mEybmxDhMIuHyGMhm3QMH4QZiLnio-gbAzJzYGRtStKYP2b7AOEyljuAWh87j8aQpg7dklVCSdUjwM7vtQDgXULzTurYhYTbTefHsePgoGpa4lDluttzq7MUpQ0_b_8j84SY0elcybgTwR3YdipSlNVrC_VvW5_5G3DJoG7savAsqIPA

options 2
Dose it have to be programmed in on computer or it just work when all fitted is the wiring hard to do thanks

What do you want exactly ?

There are 2 options :

1. Audi A4 auto dimming center mirror , here you will only need mirror , cables , all it needs is ignition + , - , R signal , + from the dome light to not dim when that is on . This way you don't need a new windshield, or don't need to modify yours. No auto lights are possible with this mirror like this.
2. A3 OEM solution for 2005+ cars where you need Mirror + Rain/Light sensor , Cables above + an additional permanent + , - and Lin bus for the the rain/light sensor , new windshield , new light switch if you want auto lights .

Both can be done at home , Kufatec , K-Electronic and other sell the complete cable set for 90% plug and play.

Hi
What the part number
And all I need to do it all
Thanks Guy

Hi
What the part number
And all I need to do it all
Thanks Guy

Front window: 8P0845099K
Auto dimming mirror: 4F0857511E (just look on eBay for a used one).
Mirror base: 701845543 (not sure, please double check. Not sure if the base is already ON the windshield).
Cable: https://www.kufatec.com/en/light-si...or-dimmable-interior-mirror-for-audi-vw-33788

When you order a Kufatec retrofit cable there will be a manual with it in how to connect it to your CAN gateway. You also need VCDS to code the thing..

If you are interested, I sell my auto-dimming S-line mirror. Just send me a PM.

Hi
Do I need light switch is they anything else I need how much for your mirror thanks Guy
Mirror base: 701845543 (not sure, please double check. Not sure if the base is already ON the windshield).
Cable: https://www.kufatec.com/en/light-si...or-dimmable-interior-mirror-for-audi-vw-33788

When you order a Kufatec retrofit cable there will be a manual with it in how to connect it to your CAN gateway. You also need VCDS to code the thing..

Hi
Do I need light switch is they anything else I need how much for your mirror thanks Guy
Hi Reed,

Oh yeah sorry totally forgot about the switch. You need one with the "auto" function.

The mirror is 130euro including sending costs.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5010 met Tapatalk

Hi
What colouris the mirror do you have the partnumberfor rain sensor is they any think else I need
Hi Reed,

Oh yeah sorry totally forgot about the switch. You need one with the "auto" function.

Hi
What colouris the mirror do you have the partnumberfor rain sensor is they any think else I need
Most of the times when u buy a mirror they come with the sensor on it. Carglass for example does this. Just ask some companies.

Cant find an exact sensor number, to be sure contact your dealership.

4e72c2ba8f13717d64b14e70a6b36332.jpg

Hi
Is the mirrora genuine audi one can I use any light switch as long it out of a a3
Most of the times when u buy a mirror they come with the sensor on it. Carglass for example does this. Just ask some companies.

Cant find an exact sensor number, to be sure contact your dealership.

4e72c2ba8f13717d64b14e70a6b36332.jpg

Hi if I get the genuine Audi window screen from audi will it have the sensors on it
No it's glued to the window... Thats why some suppliers have the sensor on it already. Its glued on it with the mirror mount

Hi
Tps says it does not come whit sensor do I have to change any more sensors or modules for auto light thanksGuy
Mate... Use your internet or phone to look it up..

Out of interest, why doesn't your S3 have this already? Mine did and it's one of the very early 8P S3's off the production line.

Out of interest, why doesn't your S3 have this already? Mine did and it's one of the very early 8P S3's off the production line.

It's just what the buyer of the S3 wanted. It's an extra option you can take when purchasing the S3 new.

Hi
Tps says it does not come whit sensor do I have to change any more sensors or modules for auto light thanksGuy

No. that should be all.

hi
i got the Kufatec retrofit cable but it will not let me download the manual do you have the manual or do you know how to do it thanks GUY
Hi Reed,

hi
i got the Kufatec retrofit cable but it will not let me download the manual do you have the manual or do you know how to do it thanks GUY
PM me your email I will email it to you.

hi
can i put the coming home function i got the light switch whit the button on i put a pic of the switch i got thanks Guy

You can put the CH/LH function with that switch yes.
But you need to have the sensor installed first..

Hi
Which sensors do I need do I need other wire harness with plug on to plug it in to light switch thanks
You can put the CH/LH function with that switch yes.
But you need to have the sensor installed first..

Hi
Which sensors do I need do I need other wire harness with plug on to plug it in to light switch thanks

Mate, it's getting annoying now.
Do some research yourself instead of asking every little thing, think for yourself.

I gave you all the info and even gave you a manual in how to wire and connect the sensors.
This was my last response in this topic, good luck retrofitting.

Why not go one more and retrofit / modify so you have the frameless rear view auto dim mirror - fully functioning

b6ac2be35ef1dce0bf93e8e816273328.jpg
240eca3844bb6547b84811b18e23f44e.jpg

Hi dose any one know if I need auto wipers stalk when I refitted auto dimming mirror auto lights and wipers thanks Guy

Why not go one more and retrofit / modify so you have the frameless rear view auto dim mirror - fully functioning

b6ac2be35ef1dce0bf93e8e816273328.jpg
240eca3844bb6547b84811b18e23f44e.jpg

hi
did you use the kufatec wiring loom do you have a wiring diagram of how to wire the headlights and mirror in i've ran the wire in and it said connect the wire into the interoior light on pin 6 but it already has a wire in do you know what i need to do my car is an s3 8p pre-facelift any help would be much appreciated

hi
i got the kufatec manual from you it says ive got to wire into the interior light on pin 6 but there is a wire already there is there any help or information you can give me my car is an s3 8p pre facelift thanks Guy

Mate, it's getting annoying now.
Do some research yourself instead of asking every little thing, think for yourself.

I gave you all the info and even gave you a manual in how to wire and connect the sensors.
This was my last response in this topic, good luck retrofitting.
Hi
Got car back from friend garage today the auto dimming mirror light up and you can turn it off but it not dimming do you know if it hasto be code the same as the head lights to work thanks Guy

Hi
Got car back from friend garage today the auto dimming mirror light up and you can turn it off but it not dimming do you know if it hasto be code the same as the head lights to work thanks Guy