Audi s3 8p - APR stage 1

Vish_s3

Reaction score
Hey,

I’m new to this even though I have had my s3 for 10 years my palms are really itchy and I’m looking at an APR stage 1. At 75k miles will I need to do anything else and is it worth it as well as getting a dump valve? I have just had a ram air filter fitted and a cat back non resonated Milltek exhaust. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Reactions: Audi kid
For the same tuning cost you could have APR stage 1+. All you need is upgraded fuel pump internals or even a complete pump upgrade. Look out for a 2nd hand example if you want to save costs. This gives a bigger lump of mid range torque which is what you feel as acceleration. I had this very map as my first proper remap and my S3 went really well.

Reactions: Vish_s3 and Audi kid
Service it, fuel filter and Haldex filter if they've not been done. Check and replace if required PCV and diverter valve and you'll be right.

For the same tuning cost you could have APR stage 1+. All you need is upgraded fuel pump internals or even a complete pump upgrade. Look out for a 2nd hand example if you want to save costs. This gives a bigger lump of mid range torque which is what you feel as acceleration. I had this very map as my first proper remap and my S3 went really well.
Hi where can I find a second hand high performance fuel pump plz

TBH you are not going to find a good second hand upgraded HPFP so look for internals to upgrade yours.
That said if you are still going for APR stg1 you dont need the upgraded pump anyway.

Reactions: PantherS3
TBH you are not going to find a good second hand upgraded HPFP so look for internals to upgrade yours.
That said if you are still going for APR stg1 you dont need the upgraded pump anyway.
Thanx paddy

Your 1st post says stg1 so a bit confusing
stg1 APR will cost you about £600.
stg2 APR? you will need HPFP, down pipe and sports cat, good quality CAI, so a minimum of £2k, or nearer £4k with a good intercooler and complete exhaust.
You have to ask yourself if the extra £2-3k is worth the extra 40bhp to you.

Stg 1 you can pretty much run your car as std
Stg2 is a commitment to a much tighter service schedule/oil changes, pump cam followers and timing belts etc, everything is working a bit harder and needs extra maintenance. Its not a problem but it costs

Reactions: Vish_s3, Daveyonthemove and Charlie23
Get stage 1 and tell everyone it’s stage 2 for ego purposes (save money and still be “up” there for the cool factor)

:footy:

Reactions: PantherS3 and abmat