audi s3 8p 2009 juddering under load

Sean_29

Reaction score
Hello all,

my audi s3 8p 2009 is juddering under load round about 2.5k to 3.5k then will clear and come back around 6k.
I have recently changed the coil packs but still having same issue anything else to check apart from spark plugs?

Regards
Sean

Sounds like it could possibly be a fuel injector issue. Get them out the car and sent to R-Tech who will test and clean them and if needed they can repair them.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sean_29
Sounds like it could possibly be a fuel injector issue. Get them out the car and sent to R-Tech who will test and clean them and if needed they can repair them.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thank you will give them a message as they are going to remap my car so might as well get the injectors done at same time :)

Any fault codes? Quite possibly fuel pressure issues. You need to check for fault codes and look at real time measurements Running the engine lean is not good and should be avoided. If you have to drive the car take it easy .

Did you replace the plugs ? and what condition are they in this can tell you alot and possibly locate what cylinder has an issue I would be covering basics first

Any fault codes? Quite possibly fuel pressure issues. You need to check for fault codes and look at real time measurements Running the engine lean is not good and should be avoided. If you have to drive the car take it easy .

I plugged into the car and not getting any faults

Did you replace the plugs ? and what condition are they in this can tell you alot and possibly locate what cylinder has an issue I would be covering basics first

I replaced the plugs after, i will try and get a photo of the plugs and post on here

Have you checked your DV for tears as these can fail even on stock boost?

Strange that you're not getting any fault codes - did you check with vcds or a generic fault code reader?

Strange that you're not getting any fault codes - did you check with vcds or a generic fault code reader?
Haven’t checked my DV as I didn’t know these have faults. I read the car with vagcom laptop

Replace the spark plugs, coil packs,
Cam follower and DV but still getting the juddering under load Is there anything else
To check??

Next thing would be to check HPFP requested and actual pressures. Has your fuel filter ever been replaced?

What will happen if the runner/ swirl flaps are stuck will that cause juddering?

Worth again checking with Vcds and looking up how to check for misfires ( google )

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

What are you checking the codes with as ideally you need vcds and not a generic hand-held reader.
Im using vcds to read the car, I had the car put on a rolling road last week the car is running 333BHP and 363FT LBS but the only hardware the car has is a oversized induction kit

sorted the issue a couple months ago, found out that the car had been previously mapped badly cause the car to judder as the car was trying to get 1.7 bar of boost from 1k to 7k