AUDI S3 8P 2006 - INTAKE SYSTEMS

shortfletch11

Reaction score
Hi all,

after a bit of advice on what intake system to look at. engine is currently standard? looking for decent looks and sound?

cheers

shortfletch11

Is it just looks,or performance as well,that you want?

The best current intakes are(in no particular order) Revo,ITG/VWRacing,AMD,and each will give you decent gains on a mapped car.

You will get more induction noise,but if it's just looks you're after,there are plenty of cheaper alternatives that don't offer much in the way of gains.

Hi Shortfletch,

We are currently running a few deals on the Revo intakes.

I would suggest giving Pat a call at LVS Racing - LVS Racing

We have heard gain of around 20mg per sec increased flow over the competior's intake during testing. As Alex rightly says, you get what you pay for. The Revo intakes are well manufactured and a one piece pipe, which helps with airflow, rather than being patched together from many pieces. The spindles used in the Revo intakes are exactly the ones as used on the BTCC cars.

Reactions: S3Alex
Im also looking to get the intake done on my S3, currently Revo stage 2 and thought the intake would work well with the map, anyone know of the gains from this mod? I know it will help the turbo with cold air but thats about it, any knowledge would be appreciated.

Darnrr

I had a Neuspeed full CAI kit which gave good gains too! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398071446232089

there are plenty of them on classifieds :D
i've got itg and can't complain. it was best when it came out and revo developed their maps at that time using itg. since then there are revo, amd, mtc, etc which should be at least as good maybe even better.

Revo 100% if you are looking performance and aesthetics - no other intake will get you more gains. There are two versions available - race and street. Race is more expensive due to powder coating.

ITG in second place, great intake but not as successfull as the revo

dbilas - I wouldn't worry about them, haven't seen them in a long time

Evoms - same as above, revo actually replaced their evoms kit with an ITG when it came out.

AMS - don't know much about this intake but I have read some good reports

Neuspeed - haven't heard much positive feedback about this intake a part from one member above.

Autotech - makers of the HPFP internals do one as well i think but haven't heard reports

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
I've got the Revo one on mine. Fits and functions great.

Revo it is then! Thanks for the info, appreciate it. Correct me if im wrong but the TTS engine cover fits with the intake?

My Neuspeed was the FULL CAI kit and not just P-Flow and was very good!
Looks exactly the same as the pic above so check you're not just paying for a name....

I have a neuspeed P-flo love the sound of it with my miltek and looks the biz with the audi tts engine cover IMO.

Cheers Dan

Where would I be able to get the heat shield? I've been looking for one for a while.....I have the heat shield on the turbo.....:)

Cheers Dan

Reactions: wuta3
Yea I could do with a heatshield, just got the pipe. Don't wanna have to fab one tho it looks a simple job.

I previously ran a Dbilas on my old ED30 and it was def worth while. not loud but a bit like darth vader huff, you could only get them from Regal MS who need to update their website IMO.
A few questions about the Revo intake - the filter seems to sits more over to the battery than other CAI's so do you need to run another air supply to it from below.
the pipework is a larger diameter from the filter all the back to the maf it then also turns to silicone rather than the cheaper CAi's that are the same diameter and then shrink at the turbo any reasons tech folk?

Not sure about the heat shield, I bought and had the complete kit (not just the P-flow) fitted at ADS in Preston in 2012.
Good bit of kit :)

Reactions: dandav1985
I've got MTC kit slightly modded with ITG racing filter on mine... Still need to get it plugged in to check the reading but the car does run pretty sweetly so its not been a priority at the moment

Check my pic, it was a complete unit from Neuspeed so ask them and/or AFD in Preston.
Why mess about fabricating when theres a specific box

Check my pic, it was a complete unit from Neuspeed so ask them and/or AFD in Preston.
Why mess about fabricating when theres a specific box

Because if you look where the filter sits on the aftermarket Cais, they dont incorporate the standard airflow intake very well... And putting your own touch on something is more fun!

Revo it is then! Thanks for the info, appreciate it. Correct me if im wrong but the TTS engine cover fits with the intake?

Yes it fits perfectly - will cost you around £100 from Audi once you buy the cover and 3 lug bolts. The part numbers should be around here somewhere.

With regards to the position of the Revo intake, when I had mine installed, I previously ran the ITG intake. I loved it but I was assured with my level of tuning I would benefit a lot with the new Revo.

We did a data run on the car and with the ITG, the air flow was something like 260 g/s, went back to the shop, fit the revo, did another run and the air flow was around 272g/s

Can't really argue with those figures.

Last edited:
Reactions: Revo Steve-W and shortfletch11
Hello,

Can I ask how you measured the air flow? I take it, it was with vagcom.

ip here's the part numbers you'll need for the TTS engine cover.

1 x Engine Cover - 06F 103 925J
1 x Short Lug - 06E 103 164
2 x Long Lug - WHT 000 731A

Cheers Dan

Reactions: shortfletch11
There's also the CTS Turbo intake:

BBC51156-3791-42BA-911A-C192E4C89F99_zps2jv9krvq.jpg~original

My car's getting rolling roaded in about a hour so I'll be able to post up figures, it's Shark stage one with CTS Turbo intake.

Yes, airflow measured via vagcom/vcds

Since we are showing engines.... mine with ITG and then Revo

Revo intake with carbon dipped engine cover parts

32049d1359119972-audi-s3-8p-2006-intake-systems-picture-010.jpg

ITG with vinyl carbon wrap - waste of time!

32048d1359120138-audi-s3-8p-2006-intake-systems-picture-005.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 631
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 805

Attachments

• 4-RED-Truck-Long-Performance-High-Flow-Cold-Air-Intake-Cone-Dry-Filter-291729488583.jpg
    4-RED-Truck-Long-Performance-High-Flow-Cold-Air-Intake-Cone-Dry-Filter-291729488583.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 361
Would anybody know if a large 240mm truck filter would work with the 8p s3? Or would this just end up being ridiculously loud?

Would it be better to have the 240mm or a shorter 150mm one?

240mm
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-R...6.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.291.Et0Wai

150mm
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...b7-40c0-9b06-ac9fa31987ce&transAbTest=ae803_1

The first thing to sort out is the diameter of the pipe you are going to attach the filter on. I might be wrong but these both appear to have different inlet diameters. Bigger does not mean louder as again it is down to the induction tube material and construction. A very long filter will wobble around with engine vibration. I had one 200mm long on a Neuspeed cai and it wobbled like jelly on a plate at idle when hot! Now got a 170mm cone filter on a Revo and it is fine.

Thanks that's helpful to know, I wouldn't have thought of that so will shop for a 170mm one.

Did you ever try and place a feeder tube from the cone to cold air?

http://s.aliexpress.com/zYBNji6r

Last edited:
I haven't added a tube but other people have done down to the fog light area

Itg for me, awesome gains and looks better than the revo as it fill the bay perfectly