Audi s3 8l. S2000 air filter fitted now esp and engine management light on?

rajazed

Reaction score
I just fitted a s2000 air filter with a reducer bought from a guy of the forum. As soon as i fitted it. Within ten minutes i have esp light on and engine management light on?

Advise needed guys. Please help.
Im thinking to put the standard air box back in?

I just fitted a s2000 air filter with a reducer bought from a guy of the forum. As soon as i fitted it. Within ten minutes i have esp light on and engine management light on?

Well, as a form of elimination, I would just whack the standard airbox back on, then drive around to see if the light goes off? But your best bet is to get someone to do a scan to see what it comes up with? I can't see personally how the airfilter will bring up a fault, it been done many times before, it's just a coincidence methinks.

Yeh i forgot. Just figured out that i took the whole box of and added it without the maf. Wow. What a idiot

Reactions: jojo, JoeeS3 and Gops

what colour was your filter?? my paper was red (which was fine) but the housing part was a very ugly yellow colour which now looks hidious!

what colour was your filter?? my paper was red (which was fine) but the housing part was a very ugly yellow colour which now looks hidious!

Mine is red with red housing.
Quite happy with how it looks. I think i am going to go for red piping when i change all my pipes :)

Whaaaaat!? where did you get it from?

Bought it from a guy on this forum. Called Olibattman.
Great guy have to say was a pleasure dealing with him.
Not sure if that was his only one. Or if he can get more? No idea.

Not sure if that was his only one. Or if he can get more? No idea.

Ahhh right, i bought mine from ECP! might have to message him to see if he has more red on red

Ahhh right, i bought mine from ECP! might have to message him to see if he has more red on red

Mine is red and I think I have a black housing on it....still not fitted it as that requires me to cut the TIP down to size :blink:

Isn't the abs pump below the air box? Maybe you've knocked something

Not sure if that was his only one. Or if he can get more? No idea.Ahhh right, i bought mine from ECP! might have to message him to see if he has more red on red

My ears are burning! Glad you're happy with it rajazed.
JoeeS3 im afraid that was my only one, bought that and the previous one from ECP myself and they were red with black housing - looked much nicer than some i've seen in pics. The one i sold was brand spanking as I don't have the A3 anymore - sold it last night after I picked up my S5!!! (big smile on my face!)... SO it's luck of the draw really when you order from ECP. As we all know they come in a few colour combinations and I was lucky with the RED/BLACK twice in a row...
Good luck!

My ears are burning! Glad you're happy with it rajazed.
JoeeS3 im afraid that was my only one, bought that and the previous one from ECP myself and they were red with black housing - looked much nicer than some i've seen in pics. The one i sold was brand spanking as I don't have the A3 anymore - sold it last night after I picked up my S5!!! (big smile on my face!)... SO it's luck of the draw really when you order from ECP. As we all know they come in a few colour combinations and I was lucky with the RED/BLACK twice in a row...
Good luck!

Hi Pal

It was a Bast*** Getting the reducer on. But hard work prevails.
Since i connected the mac sensor its all fine. All warning lights and so on have now disappeared :).
Thanks again Pal.