Audi S3 8l Revo Stage3 only pings between 0.5 to 0.75 boost

Hallo Guy's just an update, I was at revo on saterday and look at the software and said that everything looks okay. So we spoke about the history of the motor and wat was done. When the head was at the I engineering shop they did a valve job new valves and guides, titanium valve springs and so on. Now my question is. They skimmed my head and now my compression is higher then std. Revo said this can be why the car is pinging and segested 2 head gasgets. I know they only skimmed the head slightly and deck the blok just to make sure everything is straight. I really need your help now and don't want to open the engine again if it is not nessaserry. I do have 3 other std heads. My vcds is showing error codes knock sensor out of range signal to high

Absolute rubbish...

If your knock sensors are throwing that fault (actual fault codes would be helpful) then rewire them back to the ECU... I had similar on my car when I first got it and rewiring fixed it...
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/maf-and-knock-sensor-problems.63444/

While skimming does raise the compression slightly its generally not enough to worry about and the ECU can generally deal with it...

Unfortunately as you have a 'generic' one size fits all map then its not tuned to your specific hardware setup...

My engine runs 9.5:1 cr pistons and has had the head lightly skimmed... I have absolutely no issue with making power and retaining a lot of ignition timing as my map is done to my hardware..

You don't need two headgaskets... thats asking for trouble and is the most ridiculous suggestion I have heard in ages...

You need to fix the knock sensor fault first... how can you trust what they are saying if even the ECU thinks there is a problem..

I would be pretty sure the knock issues will go away once sorted... if not, get a decent custom tune and bin off the Revo...

Revo as a company generally know what they are doing but are clearly let down by clueless idiots in their franchise chain

<tuffty/>

Thx , i could be wrong about the knock sensor error code but will check.I think it said Knock Sensor (frequency out of range) will check it out this weekend. Tuffty let me tell you i am so frustrated ,the best is to remove revo like you said and do a custom map from a good tuner. That is why a joined the forum for advice .I am so tired driving up and down to revo and still with the same problems. They did not even take the car on the road to make sure all values are in safe specifications. Than on my way there the dog-mount mounting stripped out of the gearbox and had to flippen fix that also. I also noticed that the haldex is locking up at the rear. No flip this weekend was crap. Than also news from revo i must open up the engine again. No way i also did not belief that.

1. Well let me get the correct knock sensor error fixed will update you.
2. Service my haldex and see if that will sort out the problem.If not i will search the forum for similar threads
3. I will call miggz (FSU developments) or point me in the right direction

Thanks

Hallo Guy's just an update, I was at revo on saterday and look at the software and said that everything looks okay. So we spoke about the history of the motor and wat was done. When the head was at the I engineering shop they did a valve job new valves and guides, titanium valve springs and so on. Now my question is. They skimmed my head and now my compression is higher then std. Revo said this can be why the car is pinging and segested 2 head gasgets. I know they only skimmed the head slightly and deck the blok just to make sure everything is straight. I really need your help now and don't want to open the engine again if it is not nessaserry. I do have 3 other std heads. My vcds is showing error codes knock sensor out of range signal to high
revo suggested 2 x head gaskets?
what a joke.. Run away...
Rediculous suggestion.
check your wiring on knock sensors, replace and review.. We've seen knock signal too high and its been wiring related every time

Reactions: desertstorm
Just an update so far. Hope all is well. Okay i managed to sort out the knock sensor error . All the wiring from your coils, sensors ,injectors speed sensor and egt is running in a harness just above the starter. From engine movement the wires rubbed against the starter and shorted to ground. So i took the car for a test drive and the car still pings. I connected a fuel pressure gauge to check wat is happening under boost .Please look at the video and tell me if this is correct.

Download link
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/28...6f33534fd4e4836926f7878020170911100459/f859a6

Is there no better fuel in South Africa?

9 CF timing isn't good.
You're relying on knock sensors to save your motor every pull.

Melty, melty!

Are the SPS adjustments no help in this this scenario? Or are they global adjustments

Last edited:
Good day. I fitted a fuel pressure gauge and it looks like my fuel pump can't keep up. If i set my boost to 1.3 bar and n floor it the pump peaks at 4.5bar but drops down to 3.5bar and flat line at 3bar.

Last edited:
does it drop with boost though?... fuel pressure will be FPR + boost... if boost drops then fuel pressure will drop...

That said... Bill changes pumps on S3's weekly... they are all at that time of life to fail... running your setup on a std pump is madness anyway...

<tuffty/>

Thanks Buddy, yes it drops while in boost, I did remove the pump to check if i can't see anything. There is a small hole on top of the fuel pump and if i power up the pump there is a lot of fuel coming out of that hole.

Upload 2017 9 20 10 48 31

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-20_10-48-13.png
    upload_2017-9-20_10-48-13.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 96
Change the pump for at least a deatschwerks one and be done... failing or not its a std pump and not much use at the power levels you are attempting to achieve

<tuffty/>