Audi s3 8l new owner questions

audiman1

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Just purchased an s3 8l 2003 model and I'm asking advice on what what's upgrades and tweaks is money well spent on.
I'm thinking the brakes feel worn and lacking a bit. Instead of replacing standard should I do a stage 1 up grade. I am planing on doing the odd track day but nothing major just more fast road

Popular brake upgrade is the mk1 Leon cupra brembos or Porsche brembos also upgrades all Depends on your power goal, but I’d say get a badger5 tip and come filter is a good place to start

Reactions: danny_dj3
Yes thanks for your reply I've heard the tip does improve the response a fair bit compared to the restrictive piping. I thought that the mark 1 cupra r calipers where the same size...? R they intact bigger is that correct. Do I just buy the cupra r mark 1 calipers discs and pads and they will fit straight onto the s3 8l..?

No they are bigger plus stand s3 are not brembos you Calipers and the carriers, Get braided brake lines aswell pretty have a look in the stickies at top of page pretty much all you need to know is in there

They are bigger and are 4 pots. A good upgrade in my opinion. Have done it on mine. Like TJ mentioned upgraded braided lines, Badger5 TIP, air filter etc. I would recommend going on there website. www.badger5.co.uk and have a look. You can get everything from them.

If your tracking the car and want to shed weight, pull out the seats, etc. The car will be faster and handle better and it doesn’t cost you anything.

If your looking to keep it practical, work on handling, bushes, suspension, etc as a lot of these things will need replacing being old and worn.

Engine wise, depends on your budget. The things we’ve mentioned above plus a turbo back exhaust system and a good remap. Should see you at around 250-265bhp. Anything more your looking at front mount Intercooler and so on.

Would recommend spending some time reading the stickies and get clued up on all this stuff. Then anything your stuck with ask away if you can’t find anything in the search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tj 0785
Just had a look online says cupra discs are 312 and cupra r are 323mm..so did they both come with the brembo calipers. As I've just changed all the pads and discs wouldn't want to change them again to get the brembos

No s3 didn’t come with brembos but you can use your s3 disc with the brembo but will need different pads, they are definitely worth while upgrade

So it would be a straight swap and no messing with the discs..that sounds reasonable then dont mind changing pads