Audi S3 8L - IPOD connection.

Greig300

Reaction score
Hello got my new Audi S3 love it... i just want to drive with my ipod as well as 6cd changer. Looked on the forums tried to find the correct connection cant really get a straight answer. I want to use the stock headunit with my IPOD just wondering the best if any connection i can buy?

I don't think you can run both I just run my iPod got a kit off eBay.

I don't think you can run both I just run my iPod got a kit off eBay.

You actually can! It involves getting the soldering iron out lol I have the circuit diagram I designed somewhere which when a jack is plugged in, it automatically switches to iPOD/Mp3, then when you unplugg it, its back to CD changer! Works great :D

i tried a Denison which allowed you to use the HU to control, thing is though you cant see what your selecting and then have to use the ipod controls which arent user friendly when driving.

I settled on a parrot MKi9200 which was a bluetooth module too, you need a connect2 aux converter (£25) to make the rear speakers work with the Parrot...best £200 i ever spent on my car when i had it - you can now pick the parrot up for circa £150 - and you get a nice little tft screen which displays whatever is on your ipod screen - steering wheel remote controlled - ipod lived in the glovebox permanently

You actually can! It involves getting the soldering iron out lol I have the circuit diagram I designed somewhere which when a jack is plugged in, it automatically switches to iPOD/Mp3, then when you unplugg it, its back to CD changer! Works great :D
easier then that my freind, i have the xcarlink i pod connection and you can use cd changer aswell its a simple plug and play :)

Oh so that works with the factory headunit? on all speakers? where abouts it connect bud? in the boot? :)

plugs in between the stereo wiring behind the set,

You mean behind the headunit? do i have to buy any other cables or is everything there for £78.25. Does the Ipod connect via USB?

yeah behind the hu..... nope comes with everything needed