Audi S3 8L head unit replacement

aarzy

Reaction score
Hi ther i have an audi s3 8l (2002) with the bose system, im looking to replace everything! New speakers new sub and amp and new head unit. i was just wondering if any one can help me as not sure if to get some kind of adapter for the existing loom or just start all over :/ what will be best? if i do just start over will it be ok to just leave the old headuit wireing loom were it is or take it all out ? speker wires same deal. any help with this will be much appreciated all the best and thanks
p.s sorry about spelling and grammer
pps any ider what tipe of head unit will fit?

Last edited:
If the Bose system is anything like it is in the 2002 Audi TT which I have then it has a seperate amplifier. All the outputs of the stereo connect to the amp which then feeds the speakers.
This sis for a 2002 S3 BOSE wiring from ElsaWin

Attachments

• 2002 S3 BOSE wiring .pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 265
Single din or double din? I fitted the rnse unit from an a4 in mine. I have the bose and just bought an adapter for head unit. The bose sub and speakers run a different power than other brands(4 ohms instead of 2 ohms or bose Verda) so not sure if that will cause problems or not. Ideally you should ask this in the 8l section as you’d get more replies have a search for @<tuffty/> “ my minor modding thread as he has done this and done a detailed write up

Thanks alot for replys guys realy help me more than you know. all the best