Audi S3 8L drivers side front door window problem

Anarki

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I woke up this morning as was presented with a lovely thick covering of ice on my S3. I de-iced every window with de-icer, whilst the car was running for 5 minutes then set off on my journey to work.

I then went to lower my window and was presented with a nasty cracking sound, similar to glass being stood on.

Now the window won't move at all. Even when the temperatures reached +5C. I can hear the motor working but the window isn't shifting.

I'm worried that the glass has shattered at the bottom by the clips but am optimistic that the clips have snapped!

I've ordered new clips and am leaving the car as is until the weekend where I can take the door card off, etc.

Is it possible the glass has cracked away from the bottom of the window?

I'd say it would be very unlikely toughened glass tends to just shatter and the whole thing falls to bits. Never actually had a mechanism fail yet but they do seem like a common thing!

I think the noise you heard will be the motor chewing the wire. Time for a new regulator. .

100% it's your window regulator.... The cable rusts and snaps just replaced mine last week for £100 a side just for the parts. Also replace in pairs as my passenger one broke 3 days after the drivers side. You can slide the window up with your hand until you get it fixed but they fall slightly as you drive and whistle.