Audi S3 8L Chrome mirror covers buy or not to buy???

z00bz

Reaction score
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I just wanted to get peoples thoughts around this very cheap mod!

CHROME DOOR MIRROR COVER FOR AUDI A3 S3 8L 1996-2003 | eBay

Currently on eBay are a pair of chrome wing mirror 'covers' which stick on top of your existing mirrors. Prices for PROPER MIRRORS are around the 200/250 mark and I was wondering whether anybody had these or would recommend them.

Just spoke to the sellar and apparently they are 2mm thin so......what are your thoughts?

Cheers

apprantly what i have heard they look a bit pants and dont fit 100% but thats just what ive heard

buy the oem they look best

yeah id suggest going OEM then you havent got to worry about anything going wrong i have a set on my nog blue s3. they look fine but not my taste so ill happily was if anyone has nog blue mirrors? (sorry ti jack the tread) :p

What year is your car, and are you after the metal ones or plastic chrome coated ones?

I have a pair of each I can sell. ;)
Please use the classifieds :angrymod:

Reactions: jojo
Used this guy before....

http://bit.ly/179kdpd

Has barns full of MK4s, S3s, TTs, Cupras... If you're local to Derbyshire (can't see your location on my phone) he may do you a good deal on collection :) used him for all my odd bits and bobs, electric window motors, door cards, wheels, indicator switch - you name it he will probably have it :) very reasonably priced.

Yes that link works

i think these may not fit mine as mine is 1999

Iv msged him asking whether he has the same for mine...

just saw the link. blimey £155 and they're not sold - surprised! Last I looked people were bidding over £200 for a pair.
he's had 4 offers ...obviously very low offers for them not to be accepted.....I guess.

I really have to laugh loudly on his comment "low mileage".....god do I hate with a passion adverts that think you are stupid !
His missed the other trick...one owner from new.

I have a pair for £80 if interested let me know and I make a classifieds add , they are the proper OEM from my 8L S3 , I removed them before I sold the car :)

just saw the link. blimey £155 and their not sold - surprised! Last I looked people were bidding over £200 for a pair.
he's had 4 offers ...obviously very low offers for them not to be accepted.....I guess.

I really have to laugh loudly on his comment "low mileage".....god do I hate adverts that think you are stupid !

Yeah everything he sells is very cheap compared to the forums if you ask me! He's a great guy.... Always helpful - amazed me how much stuff he actually had. When I first went round he'd got a barn full of alloys, picked myself up a set of black rs6 alloys with newish budget tyres for £200! I'm waiting for him to break a Cupra R for the brembos lol.

Haha yeah you're always get that with the breakers :) I've gotta say, he seems a really genuinely guy.. The wheels I brought needed off him needed longer bolts, searched all the way round the barn to find me 20 shallow neck bolts and didn't charge me a penny.

I have a pair for £80 if interested let me know and I make a classifieds add , they are the proper OEM from my 8L S3 , I removed them before I sold the car :)

I stand corrected - Sometimes hes much cheaper than the forums haha.

I stand corrected - Sometimes hes much cheaper than the forums haha.

I found them in my wardrobe when I was moving out haha , I thought they was in my garage , I was gonna ebay them for £110 but an Audi sport member can have em for £80 :)

I found them in my wardrobe when I was moving out haha , I thought they was in my garage , I was gonna ebay them for £110 but an Audi sport member can have em for £80 :)

Absolute bargain for that mate :) if the OP doesn't want them I'm sure someone else will. When I saw how much they went for on eBay I was tempted to wrap them in bubble wrap when I park on street at night haha.

I will create an Ad in classifieds tomoz mate and see if any one wants em , I will pick them up and get some pics uploaded :) , I didn't like leaving my car at night with them on haha I use to put black tights over mine !!! haha

just saw the link. blimey £155 and they're not sold - surprised! Last I looked people were bidding over £200 for a pair.

I really have to laugh loudly on his comment "low mileage".....god do I hate with a passion adverts that think you are stupid !

I see £145, which is mega cheap. I've seen the invoice for £350+vat for one individual one from Audi, so was after £150 for my ones. I can wait though!

My facelift genuine Audi aluminium metal door heated electric mirrors (complete not just covers) are available for £240 cash collected / more with delivery/PayPal

Audi S3 8L facelift breaking spares Recaro seats BAM engine TT Quattro Golf Mk4 | eBay

Alistair

2012 10 12 1443

I will create an Ad in classifieds tomoz mate and see if any one wants em , I will pick them up and get some pics uploaded :) , I didn't like leaving my car at night with them on haha I use to put black tights over mine !!! haha

gret. yep it would be nice to see closup pics.

I will get some close ups , there is a few tiny marks on them , they are in awesome condition tho!!

I will get some close ups , there is a few tiny marks on them , they are in awesome condition tho!!

Now I am a bit confused, but what's the difference between yours at £80 and what Big Al is selling at £250. ?

Nothing ! I have an 8P S3 now so no use to me !

mine are just the covers , I think big al has the full unit , cover and fittings , mine just replace your existing covers

Ah I see. Those are the ones I want. Not really after the covers. And those are the ones that were going for over £250 on ebay. So at £240 that's not bad , just a bit too much for me.

why do you need the full unit

Ah I see. Those are the ones I want. Not really after the covers. And those are the ones that were going for over £250 on ebay. So at £240 that's not bad , just a bit too much for me.

you remove 2 screws from underneath your mirror covers , pop your covers off and put the chrome ones on , that's it ,

Iv just put put some chrome covers on mine. I think they look good, not bad if it means I saved £230

Pic to give you an idea

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 539
Reactions: jojo