Audi S3 8L Chrome mirror covers buy or not to buy???

z00bz

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I just wanted to get peoples thoughts around this very cheap mod!

CHROME DOOR MIRROR COVER FOR AUDI A3 S3 8L 1996-2003 | eBay

Currently on eBay are a pair of chrome wing mirror 'covers' which stick on top of your existing mirrors. Prices for PROPER MIRRORS are around the 200/250 mark and I was wondering whether anybody had these or would recommend them.

Just spoke to the sellar and apparently they are 2mm thin so......what are your thoughts?

Cheers

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
What year is your car, and are you after the metal ones or plastic chrome coated ones?

I have a pair of each I can sell. ;)

Beany113

yeah id suggest going OEM then you havent got to worry about anything going wrong i have a set on my nog blue s3. they look fine but not my taste so ill happily was if anyone has nog blue mirrors? (sorry ti jack the tread) :p

russwuss

Used this guy before....

http://bit.ly/179kdpd

Has barns full of MK4s, S3s, TTs, Cupras... If you're local to Derbyshire (can't see your location on my phone) he may do you a good deal on collection :) used him for all my odd bits and bobs, electric window motors, door cards, wheels, indicator switch - you name it he will probably have it :) very reasonably priced.

z00bz

Yes that link works

i think these may not fit mine as mine is 1999

Iv msged him asking whether he has the same for mine...

thegoal007

Another S3 owner....
just saw the link. blimey £155 and they're not sold - surprised! Last I looked people were bidding over £200 for a pair.
he's had 4 offers ...obviously very low offers for them not to be accepted.....I guess.

I really have to laugh loudly on his comment "low mileage".....god do I hate with a passion adverts that think you are stupid !
His missed the other trick...one owner from new.

Yonner

I have a pair for £80 if interested let me know and I make a classifieds add , they are the proper OEM from my 8L S3 , I removed them before I sold the car :)

russwuss

just saw the link. blimey £155 and their not sold - surprised! Last I looked people were bidding over £200 for a pair.
he's had 4 offers ...obviously very low offers for them not to be accepted.....I guess.

I really have to laugh loudly on his comment "low mileage".....god do I hate adverts that think you are stupid !

Yeah everything he sells is very cheap compared to the forums if you ask me! He's a great guy.... Always helpful - amazed me how much stuff he actually had. When I first went round he'd got a barn full of alloys, picked myself up a set of black rs6 alloys with newish budget tyres for £200! I'm waiting for him to break a Cupra R for the brembos lol.

Haha yeah you're always get that with the breakers :) I've gotta say, he seems a really genuinely guy.. The wheels I brought needed off him needed longer bolts, searched all the way round the barn to find me 20 shallow neck bolts and didn't charge me a penny.

russwuss

I have a pair for £80 if interested let me know and I make a classifieds add , they are the proper OEM from my 8L S3 , I removed them before I sold the car :)

I stand corrected - Sometimes hes much cheaper than the forums haha.

Yonner

I stand corrected - Sometimes hes much cheaper than the forums haha.

I found them in my wardrobe when I was moving out haha , I thought they was in my garage , I was gonna ebay them for £110 but an Audi sport member can have em for £80 :)

russwuss

I found them in my wardrobe when I was moving out haha , I thought they was in my garage , I was gonna ebay them for £110 but an Audi sport member can have em for £80 :)

Absolute bargain for that mate :) if the OP doesn't want them I'm sure someone else will. When I saw how much they went for on eBay I was tempted to wrap them in bubble wrap when I park on street at night haha.

Yonner

I will create an Ad in classifieds tomoz mate and see if any one wants em , I will pick them up and get some pics uploaded :) , I didn't like leaving my car at night with them on haha I use to put black tights over mine !!! haha

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
just saw the link. blimey £155 and they're not sold - surprised! Last I looked people were bidding over £200 for a pair.

I really have to laugh loudly on his comment "low mileage".....god do I hate with a passion adverts that think you are stupid !

I see £145, which is mega cheap. I've seen the invoice for £350+vat for one individual one from Audi, so was after £150 for my ones. I can wait though!

Big Al

My facelift genuine Audi aluminium metal door heated electric mirrors (complete not just covers) are available for £240 cash collected / more with delivery/PayPal

Audi S3 8L facelift breaking spares Recaro seats BAM engine TT Quattro Golf Mk4 | eBay

Alistair

2012-10-12-1443.jpg

thegoal007

Another S3 owner....
I will create an Ad in classifieds tomoz mate and see if any one wants em , I will pick them up and get some pics uploaded :) , I didn't like leaving my car at night with them on haha I use to put black tights over mine !!! haha

gret. yep it would be nice to see closup pics.

Yonner

I will get some close ups , there is a few tiny marks on them , they are in awesome condition tho!!

thegoal007

Another S3 owner....
I will get some close ups , there is a few tiny marks on them , they are in awesome condition tho!!

Now I am a bit confused, but what's the difference between yours at £80 and what Big Al is selling at £250. ?

Yonner

Nothing ! I have an 8P S3 now so no use to me !

mine are just the covers , I think big al has the full unit , cover and fittings , mine just replace your existing covers

thegoal007

Another S3 owner....
Ah I see. Those are the ones I want. Not really after the covers. And those are the ones that were going for over £250 on ebay. So at £240 that's not bad , just a bit too much for me.

Yonner

Ah I see. Those are the ones I want. Not really after the covers. And those are the ones that were going for over £250 on ebay. So at £240 that's not bad , just a bit too much for me.

you remove 2 screws from underneath your mirror covers , pop your covers off and put the chrome ones on , that's it ,

z00bz

Iv just put put some chrome covers on mine. I think they look good, not bad if it means I saved £230

16Klappe

Man Boost!
Supporter
This was for sale on E38 for about 50 pence?

16Klappe

Man Boost!
Supporter
I mean it was advertised on E38 very cheap.

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member