Audi S3 8L aerial base replacement needed

Agric04

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their aerial base recently?

My 2001 Audi S3 aerial base has perished and I need a replacement but don't know where the best place to source one from is.

I've tried the local dealership but they say they have discontinued this item when they search against my chassis number. Strangely enough they can get the prefacelift aerial and base for £50 as a complete kit but they don't know if the fittment is the same on the facelifted aerials? Anyone know? I'm guessing it is the same!

Anyone know if any other VW/Seat/Audi aerial bases are the same? Not sure if there are differences in the way they mount/connect or the angle of the aerial so it misses the spoiler when the boot is up.

Been checking ebay but none for S3's have been coming up and those for other VW's 2nd hand have been asking around the £25 for just the base which seems a bit steep to me for a used aerial base!

My next question will be has anyone got any pics of how to replace the aerial base without wrecking the roof headliner?

Thanks

IMG_0470.jpg

Excellent, didn't know you could get just a new seal.....I like this cheaper option. Nice one:thumbsup:

I did mine last year. Search for a guide online and don't over tighten it!