Sold Audi S3 8L 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

hendo#1

Reaction score
(This is a copy and paste for a potential eBay advert so may not read quite right on here)

This is my 2003 (03) Audi S3 Quattro. This is a facelift example and one of the last S3’s of this shape. I have owned this car since May 2015 and I am the 5th owner.

MOT due 22/03/2020

Tax is £330 per year or £27.56 per month.

Current Mileage – 94,765. May change slightly as I do still use it occasionally.

I purchased this car in May 2015 as a pretty much standard car with 76,000 miles on it running a R-Tech stage 1 remap producing 260BHP (with dyno printout)

In October 2016 I decided to get a bit more power out of it. I fitted a Pipewerx 3” downpipe & de-cat, a larger Badger5 turbo intake pipe and a S2000 air filter. I took it back to R-Tech where it put out a healthy 282BHP (with dyno print out)

http://r-techperformance.co.uk/

I ran the car like this for approx. 6 months before I decided I wanted a bit more power again. The engine was rebuilt with uprated internals at 86,600 miles (invoice date 31/03/2017). The full engine spec list now reads as –

· Full 3” pipewerx stainless steel exhaust system (turbo back with de-cat). This car has NO CAT so you will either need a friendly MOT tester or fit one yourself. It’s a beautifully made system and still quiet enough to be civilized

· Wagner front mount intercooler

· Badger5 AET K04-380 hybrid turbo package (includes port matched chinafold exhaust manifold), Turbosmart actuator

(https://badger5.co.uk/turbo-exhaust...old-aet-k04-380-v2-2-tipexchangespecial-order)

· AEM water methanol injection system (with additional solenoid) run at a ratio of 50/50 water/meth.

· Bosch 550cc injectors

· DW65V uprated in-tank fuel pump

· I.E Forged conrods running on standard crank and pistons. On standard bore.

· Cylinder head refresh with supertech inlet and exhaust valves installed. Still running standard springs and retainers.

· New cambelt, tensioner, waterpump and oil pump

· All boost hoses and PCV hoses replaced with black silicone hoses. This car has no boost leaks or PCV issues. Hockey puck and the diverter valve have been renewed with OEM items.

All the engine/tuning work was done by well-respected tuner Bill Brockbank at Badger5 (https://badger5.co.uk/) and the end result was a healthy 348BHP / 305ft/lbs.

Current mileage is 94,765. The engine has done approx. 8165 miles since this work was done.

I ran the car like this for a few months including a trip to the Nurburgring, and it performed faultlessly. As much as it sounds like a cliché, it does not use a single drop of oil or water. Even with all the extra power, with a very disciplined foot it will still achieve 34 - 36MPG at 75mph on a motorway run. Normal driving see’s around 28 – 30 MPG.

In January 2018 I took the car back to R-Tech for a fuelling health check, where it put out 348BHP / 315ft/lbs on their rollers (with dyno printout). Fuelling was great.

Please note this car is mapped to run premium fuel only - Shell V-power. Sure, you could put cheaper stuff in but you wouldn’t be doing the engine any favours. I have always used V-power with no exceptions.

I have receipts for all work done and print outs of all rolling road sessions.

This car has had the oil and filter changed every 5000 miles in my ownership (maximum, sometimes it’s been changed in less miles) using genuine oils and filters from TPS.

Some specs -

· The car is sitting on KW Inox V1 coilovers. Purchased new in January 2018.

· Cookbot adjustable rear tie arms to correct the rear camber after being lowered

· Leon Cupra R Brembo 4pot Calipers and 323mm Discs on the front. Pagid discs and pads. Correct larger disc backing plates fitted

· All 4 Goodyear Eagle asymmetric 3’s with 5mm tread fronts. 7mm tread rears.

· 4 genuine 18” RSTT wheels refurbished 3 years ago

· Gearbox rebuilt with all new syncro’s (due to it developing a crunch into 3rd gear) in May 2016. New clutch and DMF installed at the same time. (with receipts)

· Usual S3 spec – electric Recaro seats / elec windows / climate control etc. Aircon blows nice and cold.

· Cruise control

· Brand new OEM door blades 18months ago

· Reversing sensors fitted (but not currently working, see below)

· Comfort indicators (3 flashes for 1 tap of the stalk)

· Bluetooth integrated into the standard radio

· 4 wheel aligned in May 2018 (with print out)

· Both remote keys, as well as the plastic identification key present. All folders, documents, paperwork and service history present

· Space saver wheel & complete jack set in the boot

· HPi clear with report, although you are more than welcome to do your own

· I have kept pretty much all receipts for what I have done to this car. They are neatly stored in a folder to be viewed. I also have an excel sheet detailing the services, distances, oil changes dates/times/mileages it has had since new.

· I have receipts totalling over £5000 for parts I have put on this car, of which over £1500 are for genuine parts. This does not include the £5000 engine rebuild, hybrid turbo and related components.

This car has not wanted for anything.

There are an awful lot of things I have not listed here that have been fitted to the car. It’s too much to list but I’ll happily run you through everything in person.

I am a car enthusiast, not a boy racer. I spend many hours researching upgrades / parts / companies to find and fit the best. All parts have been selected to improve performance and durability, but retain the original look of the car.

It has always been properly and thoroughly warmed up before a run and cooled down properly after.

The idea was to build this car into a bit of a sleeper which I think has been a success. It looks pretty unassuming but with almost 350BHP it goes like stink. With the 4WD system it has no problem putting the power down, even in the wet.

The reason I am selling this car as I feel I have now out grown it. A lot had happened since I bought the car, I am now married and have a 2 year old son, and another baby due in June this year. This is not our ‘family car’ or even a ‘daily’ car, it’s a weekend toy for me but it would be nice to have something a bit more family friendly.

It also needs to have a V8 : )

I could take for hours about this car and what I have done to it. Any questions please get in touch and I’ll do my best to answer them. I’m quite happy for test drives, but unless you provide proof of insurance & the whole amount in cash upfront, the test drives will be done by me.

I have good facilities, jacks, tools and a dry well-lit unit for you to view the car in. I’ll make the teas / coffees and you can look, poke, prod and ask questions about the car till your hearts content.

Please remember it’s a 16 year old car. It’s not mint, but it’s a tidy example. I challenge you to find another currently for sale that has had as much money, time, effort and thought put into it.

There is no bodywork rust but it does require some repairs in some areas where I have managed to mark, and dent one or two panels. Come and take a look for yourself.

The reversing sensors have been disconnected as 1 sensor is faulty. There is a new sensor included in the glove box. I’ll fit it for you if you want to see it working - the only reason I have not fitted it is because it needs colour coding to the bumper and currently would stand out like a sore thumb.

Some of the standard parts that come with the car –

Standard front brake calipers, discs and pads
Standard exhaust backbox
Standard catalytic convertor
Standard rear tie arms
Standard airbox
Standard front & rear springs (no dampers)
Other OEM miscellaneous parts
Unopened bottles of Methanol

If you’ve managed to read this far, well done you. I appreciate it’s been a wordy advert, but I find a well written advert tends to reduce the inevitable stupid questions.

I am a genuine guy selling a genuine car. I expect the same courtesy in return. I will not respond to any offers without you having come to view the car.

No swaps. No P/X. No I don’t want your Xbox and/or quad.

£4495 ONO

Car is located just outside Carlisle.

Reactions: graham d'arcy, Sandra and DCH
All my pictures appear to be over the uploading limit. I'm working on it...

Looks like a good car... if you were so far away I’d be tempted to take a look as it sounds like you have looked after it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you pm me your number mate, might amount to nothing but would like to throw something by you anyway.

Last edited:
Sold...for more than advertised :footy:

By a whole fiver :sweatsmile:

I don’t know the guys forum username, but I know he’s on here.

Selling this car was hard work - the used car market being full of time wasters and general idiots, all talk and no money.

I just wanted to say you were an absolute pleasure to deal with and I hope the car is as good to you as it was to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra, staitesidestory and graham d'arcy
Good. Was worth more than you had it up for. To be perfectly honest

You were right. Wasn’t the car for me and what I’d need it for. I took mine down for sale Friday and just put a few hundred into bits that needed doing and downpipe from pipewerx and sports decat is on the way.

Sorry if you felt I was wasting time but if mine would have sold I’d have been on the first plane over.

Hope you don’t miss it too much.

You certainly were not a time waster pal. It was more the facebook fraternity.

The people who message you once, offering half the asking price and acting like they are doing you a massive favour taking it off your hands.

My idiot filters were working over time.

Don’t be a stranger! I’m using your post on the downpipe as reference when fitting mine!

Will you keep an eye out on your other ads because I probably will take your TIP (my 2.2 TIP keeps coming off and I’m losing patience so the 3.0 will be my next bet) and the fuel pump off you in the next month or two if there still there.

Don’t be a stranger! I’m using your post on the downpipe as reference when fitting mine!

Will you keep an eye out on your other ads because I probably will take your TIP (my 2.2 TIP keeps coming off and I’m losing patience so the 3.0 will be my next bet) and the fuel pump off you in the next month or two if there still there.

Not sure quite what your saying - I do not have any parts to sell now, everything has gone

Sold...for more than advertised :footy:

By a whole fiver :sweatsmile:

I don’t know the guys forum username, but I know he’s on here.

Selling this car was hard work - the used car market being full of time wasters and general idiots, all talk and no money.

I just wanted to say you were an absolute pleasure to deal with and I hope the car is as good to you as it was to me.
Appreciate the kind sentiments. It was also a pleasure to deal with you and I also believe you sold it to cheap. Absoloutly love the car it is a credit to you. I can promise you it will be cared for in the same way.

Cheers again for the hassle free sale.

Reactions: Sandra
Status
Not open for further replies.