Audi S3 2019 Carista wing mirror dip

AudiBoss

Reaction score
Hi guys im finding difficulty in getting the passenger side wing mirror to dip in reverse despite enabling this feature using the carista app. If anyone can help me with a step wise guide i would be very grateful

Cheers

Have you turned the wing mirror adjust button on to the passenger side wing mirror to enable it to dip

Have you turned the wing mirror adjust button on to the passenger side wing mirror to enable it to dip

I have yes. The button is pointing in the direction of the passenger side mirror. Is it simply a case of enabling it via Carista and that it? No further actions to take other than ensuring the wing mirror adjust is pointing in the right direction?

You need to have the functionality as well (i.e. the electronics in the door mirror). My S5 couldn't get the wing mirror dip as the tech wasn't in the mirror when built. Think it's pot luck when built.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Hi guys im finding difficulty in getting the passenger side wing mirror to dip in reverse despite enabling this feature using the carista app. If anyone can help me with a step wise guide i would be very grateful

Cheers
Put the car in reverse and then adjust mirror to where you want it. It should remember this adjustment for next time you're in reverse.

I’m not sure what @Adam14 means by tech inbuilt, but as long as you have electric mirrors then it will work. Carista activation may take a few tries but it will work. It has always worked for me in various cars. You need to make sure that the mirror is switched to the passengers side when reversing, it should then automatically dip down on reverse and go back to normal position when going forward. I usually activate things in Carista, then when finished I turn off the ignition and then take out the dongle. This procedure has always worked for me.

I’m not sure what @Adam14 means by tech inbuilt, but as long as you have electric mirrors then it will work. Carista activation may take a few tries but it will work. It has always worked for me in various cars. You need to make sure that the mirror is switched to the passengers side when reversing, it should then automatically dip down on reverse and go back to normal position when going forward. I usually activate things in Carista, then when finished I turn off the ignition and then take out the dongle. This procedure has always worked for me.
@DJAlix may be able to explain it better but he could not activate mirror dip using VCDS on my S5 which has electric mirrors.

Reactions: Ormesome
@DJAlix may be able to explain it better but he could not activate mirror dip using VCDS on my S5 which has electric mirrors.

MLBevoII platform is very different to our MQB platform coding wise but while there is indeed “smarts” within folding mirror hardware on both platforms, it’s been possible to activate passenger mirror dip on the MQB until recently when something looks to have changed.

Thanks for the replies. I have attempted this again and been unsuccessful. The mirror simply wont dip when in reseverse and the adjustment button pointing to the passenger side mirror. Any ideas?

From what @DJAlix has said it looks like the rear parking sensors on the mmi screen all over again.
In the facelift Audi wanted you to have front parking sensors to have the mmi screen graphics so it looks like Audi wants you to have folding mirrors to have the dip.
maybe just me being cynical

I’ve tried it on my 19 RS3 and it doesn’t work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what @DJAlix has said it looks like the rear parking sensors on the mmi screen all over again.
In the facelift Audi wanted you to have front parking sensors to have the mmi screen graphics so it looks like Audi wants you to have folding mirrors to have the dip.
maybe just me being cynical

+1 from me as on my 19 a3 with folding mirrors specced it does work.

+1 from me as on my 19 a3 with folding mirrors specced it does work.

worked on my 2018 non folding mirrors and works even better with my retrofitted folding mirrors. On the folding mirrors it’s not just a dip it’s memory so mine goes in a little then dip down whereas on the non folding it just dips and goes back up and 3-4 out of 10 times it doesn’t go back to the same position.

Thanks for the replies. I have attempted this again and been unsuccessful. The mirror simply wont dip when in reseverse and the adjustment button pointing to the passenger side mirror. Any ideas?
MY19 and MY20 (with sw index F or higher door module) uses new parametrisation which blocks mirror dip with non-folding mirrors.

It simply wont work.

Just a suggestion try this. on another site I noted that someone was having an issue with stop/start function deactivation. It was solved by having the hood/bonnet left open prior to and during the coding via dongle/OBD. Then turning off the ignition, closing the hood/bonnet and locking the doors via the remote and letting the bus reset for 10 minutes and not having the remote near the car during that 10 minutes. This was for any MBQ manufactured model model from 2019. Have you heard of this fix @DJAlix

Last edited:
Just a suggestion try this. on another site I noted that someone was having an issue with stop/start function deactivation. It was solved by having the hood/bonnet left open prior to and during the coding via dongle/OBD. Then turning off the ignition, closing the hood/bonnet and locking the doors via the remote and letting the bus reset for 10 minutes and not having the remote near the car during that 10 minutes. This was for any MBQ manufactured model model from 2019. Have you heard of this fix @DJAlix
Diagnostic firewall, popping the bonnet disables this so options can be coded.

Letting the CAN (bus) go to sleep is sometimes needed during retrofits. I actually needed to do this the last time I fitted folding mirrors to a 2017 S3 before mirror dip would work.

Are you sure you have a memory mirror on the passenger side? It's possible that your car have simple, non-memory motors on both sides (my car was like this before I replaced the mirrors). Driver side is alwasys non-memory. You could check your passenger side by removing the mirror glass and counting the wires in the connector attached to the motor. If there are 7, it's a memory motor. If there are only 3, it's non-memory and you can't use the mirror dip feature.