Audi s3 2016 MPG

Never said anyone is complaining in this thread?....

Then why say you're not sure why anyone would complain about the fuel economy of a performance car...?

It might be crossed wires, but that's how it read!

What break are you getting with a stage one?

Revo quote up to 370bhp depending on fuel used hence the Tesco Momentum plus maybe 5-10bhp for an effective cold air intake.

Reactions: Gav93_S3
Revo quote up to 370bhp depending on fuel used hence the Tesco Momentum plus maybe 5-10bhp for an effective cold air intake.
How much did that cost if you don't mind is asking?

How much did that cost if you don't mind is asking?

List price is 599 + VAT but if you get in on a group but or visit their show stand you can get up to 25% discount which can take it down to 550 ish.

Reactions: Gav93_S3
List price is 599 + VAT but if you get in on a group but or visit their show stand you can get up to 25% discount which can take it down to 550 ish.
Cheers mate

Reactions: Rob2k68
Is it just me, or does there seem to be two types of S3 out there? Some can do 40MPG on a run and average 28, and others like mine will only do 32 on a run and average less than 22MPG?

500 miles in, I usually average 28 on the way to work (7 miles each way) managed 32 on a 20 mile run tonight. That was with a few blasts as well, so pretty happy :)
Is it just me, or does there seem to be two types of S3 out there? Some can do 40MPG on a run and average 28, and others like mine will only do 32 on a run and average less than 22MPG?
I know what you're saying though, don't know how I'll ever get 40! Unless my whole journey was downhill...

I saw 38mpg once on a mellow family vacation, but the car says 29mpg over it's first 10,000 miles. I think the fuel economy is amazing for what the car can do. I've heard 12mpg indicated at 100mph up an 8% grade.

Mainly short 15 min journeys has resulted in 22.3 mpg over 4000 miles which is a good 6mpg down on the 320 ps M135 I owned before. Best average on a fast 254 mile trip was 29 - M135 used to do 33 same journey.
Having said that with fuel so cheap I can't say it bothers me at all

My misses has seen a max of 35mpg on her 20mile journey from work and the car is about 12 weeks old and with 4500miles on it. On the total average computer its saying 28.5mpg. Which to say how its driven with me is pretty good id say.

Generally filling it up with 50miles range left in tank and having done generally 300-310miles. Used only vpower but last two tanks have been momentum99.

Rob

Really nice drive yesterday from South Wales to Leicester to pick up an Alfa Romeo for the wife.

Average for the entire trip was 39 MPG which I was very pleased with. Cruise control used and anticipation of traffic for overtaking to keep it active.

Few blasts past the wife on the way back for obligatory penis size confirmation.

Very happy owner.

The speakers still suck tho.

G

Reactions: Zak0123, Steve!, Princess RS3 and 1 other person
Managed 31 mpg on a spirited 70 miles drive yesterday on mostly dual carriageway..

Reactions: Mr.G
5500 miles in and dis2 says 32.2mpg. Best average was from Cambridge to the North East, 5 up with luggage averaged 39mpg on quietish motorway and the cruise set at 75.

Reactions: Pulp84 and pburv
Really nice drive yesterday from South Wales to Leicester to pick up an Alfa Romeo for the wife.

Average for the entire trip was 39 MPG which I was very pleased with. Cruise control used and anticipation of traffic for overtaking to keep it active.

Few blasts past the wife on the way back for obligatory penis size confirmation.

Very happy owner.

The speakers still suck tho.

G

****** hell! I only ever see 39mpg at 50 mph. No braking. No overtaking. Definately no penis size confirmations lol

Of course, Audi are insisting this is "normal".

i've never seen more than 24mpg.
I've also seen it as low as single figures.
i guess i average circa 19.

my wife drives it and can get 35mpg. at best. but i live in devon, its up and down hills on every single road, there is no such thing as straight down here, not till i get onto a motorway, 65 miles away lol!

Reactions: Zak0123 and Wondering Soul
Having had mine for eighteen months mileage (like any car) can vary hugely depending of how you drive it.

The lack of driver involvement and vehicle feed back compared to some other not necessarily faster cars are quite negative points for the 8V S3, something you need to accept. Its a great car but has it's downsides.

Had mine 3 weeks from new and averaging about 25-27MPG easily on my commute, 40mph with a 60 average speed camera zone for about 15 mins. Haven't got it over 30MPG by much (mostly short journeys) but love getting it into the low 10's! :superman::yum: Need to find a new commute with lots of roundabouts and B roads :)

Filled up once on Tesco standard (oops) now on Shell standard (surrounded by the garages) and considering the move to V-Power, or like Gav93_S3 says just flush it out with the stuff every fortnight. Filling up about once a week and absolutely LOVING the power. Oh and make sure you get your exhaust flaps deactivated via VCDS chaps :happy:

This is like asking how long does it take you to eat a Big Mac..... just so many variables.

Wish everyone posted what Drive Select mode they drive in with their mpg average.

DS = Auto
average 25mpg

<< A3 2.0T

Reactions: pburv
Mine was set to Dynamic and cruise was set at 70Mph. Manual Gearbox.

39Mpg on a 150 Mile run.

Reactions: gamegenie
12,500 miles in 10 months
Trip 2 states AV. 31.6mpg
I get around 340/350 miles per tank, my best has been 380 miles and my worst was after Brands Hatch - 250 miles (not all done there!)
I am an enthusiastic driver, and not shy to give it the full beans as and when I deem fit.
My drive select is on Individual: steering on Dynamic - gear in Standard drive although I drive mainly off the paddles when off the motorway and exhaust on dynamic.

Reactions: pburv