Audi s3 2015 knocking

Dave audi s3

Reaction score
Hello guys and girls

I am new to the site and need your help. I have an Audi s3 2015 saloon.

Whenever I start up the car from cold and immediately drive to my left or right there 3 or 4 thuds coming from the front.

It's still under a warranty but they seem to think its ok and re greased the joints .

I know this isn't normal but have no idea what's wrong with it .

I have a video of the noise which may help .

I've got a Sportback same year as yours and when I first move off I get a little thud. Audi said it was due to me (previous owner actually) fitting a non-OEM brake pad at the front which should be resolved when I change brake pad. Having said that, they also said that my windscreen wipers (a week old when I took the car in) needed replacing, so I take everything they say with a few pinches of salt!

Hope you get your issue sorted, mine's annoying but as long as nothing's wrong I'm not too fussed about fixing it.

Reactions: stote
Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately , It knocks about 5-10 times each time .Was really bad this morning .

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I had similar in my evo after I had top mounts and ARB bushes replaced. Not saying it that, but after getting the tracking sorted the clunking went completely. Was way out.

Update .. finally Audi have heard the knocking noises themselves qnd had diagnosed it as a faulty haldex pump.its been replaced and hopefully should stop the knocking.

Also to note.Since the replacement the traction has been tonnes better and there has been hardly any wheel spin. Very interesting .

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk