Audi S3 2014 Manual transmission

LukeAlexander

Reaction score
is there any possible way to install launch control on the Manual S3 14 plate? I know it’s possible to get them on Manual cars.

software only, but manual will outluanch dsg. you just have to be hateful to your transmission parts... so rev between 5 to 55k, and drop clutch and hold on

It just sounds like your clutch will be eaten up so fast haha. So you can only instal the software part of it, would it still work like the DSG launch control?

A standard clutch will not last long at all launching it all the time or even a few.

Reactions: Leevr
As said above ... don't ... it will eat the clutch in no time. Its barely up to the job even without abusing it. If you really want to do that kind of launch on a regular basis then you'll need an uprated clutch.

i did say you have to be hateful.

but software from most tuners..(revo unlikely) can load launch control and no lift shift

Just to reinvigorate this thread. As the manual only revs to ~4200 at idle is this not lending itself to a primitive launch control, with an updated clutch of course?

Yeah technically it would be, I know it only Revs to 4200 when you have traction control on, if you switch the TC off then it will rev all the way to the redline

Didnt know that. Might give it a 4200 rpm launch attempt (just once)

Reactions: Leevr
Be careful my clutch lasted a day after a stage 1 tune then had to have an uprated clutch fitted (Sachs organic) only problem is now I've had that done I've got to take it further as its a waste of an uprated clutch.

Problem with uprated clutch is its a lot heavier to press so does anyone know of a bigger clutch cylinder modification to make it easier to press?

is there any possible way to install launch control on the Manual S3 14 plate? I know it’s possible to get them on Manual cars.

Why would you want to?

I bet most owners with DSG, launch there cars when they first get them, just to see what it'll do. Or launch it to show a mate. But once you've done it a few times, or live at Santa Pod, then I suspect the novelty will wear off quite quickly.

The new Fiesta has launch control with a manual box. I can't for the life of me think I'd ever use it. Why put the clutch under unnecessary stress.

Reactions: Matt Titanium
I’ve got the 4 paddle clutch and it’s been a long time since I’ve launched it.

Problem with uprated clutch is its a lot heavier to press so does anyone know of a bigger clutch cylinder modification to make it easier to press?

Its a bit heavier yes. Mine got better after several weeks of driving, still not as light as stock, but not much different to the clutch in my old 3.2 quattro

Take the spring out from the clutch pedal that helps. You can also take the washer out of the clutch bleeder valve to air faster shifts.