Audi S1 - Mirror folding on lock VCDS problem

Scottien

Bagged 65 Plate Audi S1
Reaction score
Website
www.visualidentity.co.uk
Hi guys

Have read a few threads from people on VCDS mods on the S1, the only one I really wanted to accomplish was the mirror fold on lock as it's very practical for car parks...

Anyway, I followed the instructions but when I try and submit I get asked for a security code or something, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

So I literally just got off the phone from Audi. I mentioned to them that I want my Wing mirrors to fold on lock when my new car comes and they said that they will activate it free of charge for me when they do the Pre delivery inspection and that it shouldn't be a problem at all! All I had to do is phone my salesman and tell him to add it to the notes.

Reactions: kevin lewis
So I literally just got off the phone from Audi. I mentioned to them that I want my Wing mirrors to fold on lock when my new car comes and they said that they will activate it free of charge for me when they do the Pre delivery inspection and that it shouldn't be a problem at all! All I had to do is phone my salesman and tell him to add it to the notes.

Just asked my salesman to do this as well, we will see on Friday when we pick the S1 up !!

Had a call from my dealer saying they don't think they can do the mirror fold !!!!

Audi uk have told me that as VCDS is non Audi approved then the dealer can't do it ?

Audi uk have told me that as VCDS is non Audi approved then the dealer can't do it ?

Non Audi approved? VCDS is a software used to decipher the bits/bytes of your cars ECU so that you can code them to make changes to it. They have their own version and their own methods of coding certain things to the car.

Just wondering, did you end up getting this sorted?

If you get access to a VagCom cable try this (at your own risk).

[Folding Mirror when Doors Lock]

Select STG 42 (door Electrical driver)

STG Long Coding -> Function 07

Byte 4

Bit 6 Activate

STG 52 (door Electrical front passenger)

Byte 4

Bit 6 Activate

Be sure to take note of your old settings before trying this.

Will prob get this done now when the car is remapped later on.

If you get access to a VagCom cable try this (at your own risk).

[Folding Mirror when Doors Lock]

Select STG 42 (door Electrical driver)

Byte 4

Bit 6 Activate

STG 52 (door Electrical front passenger)

Byte 4

Bit 6 Activate

Be sure to take note of your old settings before trying this.

I'll try this at the weekend thanks