Audi S1 - ABT Tuning - Feedback

MAV_ER_RICK

Reaction score
Hi All

New to the forum, I have a Audi S1 - have had it about a year now. Considering going for a remap.

Interested in the ABT Piggy back system. I know it's expensive but the piggy back and the Insurance is swaying me.

It looks like some of the forum members have had this done, appreciate some feedback on experiences?

1. How different is the Car with the Tune?
2. How easy to remove / put back in?
3. Any problems with it so far?
4. Anyone been to an authorised dealer after the fact and had them carry out any diagnosis on the ECU- i.e. anyone see if it was detected / not detected?

Thanks in advance

Mich

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Hi All

New to the forum, I have a Audi S1 - have had it about a year now. Considering going for a remap.

Interested in the ABT Piggy back system. I know it's expensive but the piggy back and the Insurance is swaying me.

It looks like some of the forum members have had this done, appreciate some feedback on experiences?

1. How different is the Car with the Tune?
2. How easy to remove / put back in?
3. Any problems with it so far?
4. Anyone been to an authorised dealer after the fact and had them carry out any diagnosis on the ECU- i.e. anyone see if it was detected / not detected?

Thanks in advance

Mich
Hi I have the ABT remap in my car. I have clocked up about 14 500 miles now, 13000 of those on the remap. It is like a totally different car with the remap, believe me. I went to Richter Sport in Milton Keynes to have the ABT 18" wheels fitted and they put the demo box on for me to try it. I was so impressed I bought it there and then. I have not had to remove it yet but it is really straight forward and should only take about 10 minutes. It's sits on top of the airbox so you only have to remove the plugs from the ecu. My car hasn't been into Audi yet for anything I just had mine serviced by a garage I always use, I'm not paying Audi's rip off prices. I have had no problems with it so far either, the clutch is still fine and nothing else has happened . If you are interested i know that Richter Sport will fit a demo box and let you use it for the weekend so you can see what it's like. You pay them the full amount and if you don't like it they will take it back off and give you a refund. Don't think you will tho 0/60 in 4.7 secs and 165 mph top speed lol

Reactions: MAV_ER_RICK
2015 04 28 173653
2015 04 28 173809

Yes Audi brother Ian and we were four up its very quick, so Audi bother Mich its a must have on a S1 and if yours is bumble yellow then it will be even more quicker.

Reactions: MAV_ER_RICK and Ian Whiffen
Yes Audi brother Ian and we were four up its very quick, so Audi bother Mich its a must have on a S1 and if yours is bumble yellow then it will be even more quicker.
Aha ha yeah the colour gives you at least an extra 20 bhp

That's great feedback guys, thanks - and many thanks for the photos Ian.

Yep, was trying to do due diligence as i know once i trial it i'll want it!

Sepang Blue so may miss out on a few Yellow BHP but should still be extra shove :)

Will line up a trial...

@Ian Whiffen - how's that holding bracket secured to the airbox

That's great feedback guys, thanks - and many thanks for the photos Ian.

Yep, was trying to do due diligence as i know once i trial it i'll want it!

Sepang Blue so may miss out on a few Yellow BHP but should still be extra shove :)

Will line up a trial...

@Ian Whiffen - how's that holding bracket secured to the airbox
It's held on by 2 of the airbox screws so it's really secure.

top stuff - will book in for a trial. Will let you know how i get on

I'm surprised no one has popped up saying Revo or dtuk or apr are best lol. They must all be on holiday

Reactions: S1Pete
Jetting off to Italy next week!
Had my DTUK Box,since October '15,
No problems,clutch fine,280 ps,
Perfect together with Turbo Delete, GFB DV,
Respecting the Power

Jetting off to Italy next week!
Had my DTUK Box,since October '15,
No problems,clutch fine,280 ps,
Perfect together with Turbo Delete, GFB DV,
Respecting the Power
There you go, glad you didn't let me down @S1Pete lol Each to their own I say, I would imagine 280 is a bit more gentle on the clutch. Have a great time in Italia. Where you going?

Last edited:
Reactions: S1Pete
Ciao Ian!
Yeh,it's enough power for me!
Glad your Abt is enjoyable,these are great little cars!
Off topic: She's making her Debut at Cumbria VAG Show and Shine,
19/06/16,looking forward to maybe meeting up with fellow S1e'rs.
Couple of annoying things: Rust on wheel hubs looking very unsightly,
getting these painted before the show,and just noticed today,
a few vertical scratches on drivers side windows? querie on
some grit in the seals,or maybe from the windows guide runners?
Going back to same spot as last year,but this time for two weeks,
Sorrento, lovely place,great food,and the odd Ferrari to glote at!

Attachments

• DSC_0188.JPG
    DSC_0188.JPG
    964.6 KB · Views: 276
Ciao Ian!
Yeh,it's enough power for me!
Glad your Abt is enjoyable,these are great little cars!
Off topic: She's making her Debut at Cumbria VAG Show and Shine,
19/06/16,looking forward to maybe meeting up with fellow S1e'rs.
Couple of annoying things: Rust on wheel hubs looking very unsightly,
getting these painted before the show,and just noticed today,
a few vertical scratches on drivers side windows? querie on
some grit in the seals,or maybe from the windows guide runners?
Going back to same spot as last year,but this time for two weeks,
Sorrento, lovely place,great food,and the odd Ferrari to glote at!
Yeah probably grit from the winter in the seals sadly. My wheel hubs are the same Deffo need some tlc. I will be at AITP this year, might see you there. Lastly Sorrento is beautiful, hope you get across to Positano as well.

Hi not been on for a while, done about 10000 miles now with the abt no problems and very happy with performance.car been serviced by Audi and did not raise any issues.I had them do the service to get the stamp and they matched the price of my local guy so not to bad on cost

Thanks @superplumb , appreciate the feedback.

Interestingly, (i didn't know this), but the German Audi dealers actually sell and fit ABT parts (warranty provided by ABT).

I saw on the ABT dealer page Bath Audi are also mentioned...wonder when it becomes more generally available through Audi UK dealers

Thanks @superplumb , appreciate the feedback.

Interestingly, (i didn't know this), but the German Audi dealers actually sell and fit ABT parts (warranty provided by ABT).

I saw on the ABT dealer page Bath Audi are also mentioned...wonder when it becomes more generally available through Audi UK dealers
Yeah there is an old thread on here about that. It does make you wonder with Audi locking the ecu on the S1. ABT have been working with Audi for years, look at the DTM cars, so they would seem the logical choice.