Audi RS6 V10 5.0L Oil spillage and white smoke startup?

RS6Zeist

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post. I have some worries about my RS6, since the bottom plate is quite wet of oil and there is a small spillage on the floor as well. The oil can also can be located at the front of the bottom plate so it's not only at the back when looking underneath the car.

Since this car has some issues, I honestly cannot have a serious oil leak on top of it. (car was purchased with "new turbo's", and a chip tuning to 700HP, we discovered recently that the car was standard (565hp) on a testing bench. Since the previous owner is a skilled mechanic in VAG i have trust in that this will be resolved but i do still have worries towards honesty and this oil leak.

The clear photo is of the back of the underplate, the more blurry picture is taken trought a small gap at the front of the underplate.

As thank you for the replies I have created a 0-100 video with dragy (I KNOW SLOW RIGHT :haha:).

Attachments

• rsz_img_2308.jpg
    rsz_img_2308.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 885
  • dykH21hXSHaiFE0U+YAcHw.jpg
    dykH21hXSHaiFE0U+YAcHw.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 596
Last edited:
Hi all, this is my first post. I have some worries about my RS6, since the bottom plate is quite wet of oil and there is a small spillage on the floor as well. The oil can also can be located at the front of the bottom plate so it's not only at the back when looking underneath the car.

Since this car has some issues, I honestly cannot have a serious oil leak on top of it. (car was purchased with "new turbo's", and a chip tuning to 700HP, we discovered recently that the car was standard (565hp) on a testing bench. Since the previous owner is a skilled mechanic in VAG i have trust in that this will be resolved but i do still have worries towards honesty and this oil leak.

The clear photo is of the back of the underplate, the more blurry picture is taken trought a small gap at the front of the underplate.

As thank you for the replies I have created a 0-100 video with dragy (I KNOW SLOW RIGHT :haha:).

Quite probably the oil pump seal, unfortunately its an enormous job to replace, engine out or can be done with engine in for not much of a saving over out.

The engines generate massive heat and thus most of the rubber seals harden in not very much time, I recently had my oil seal replaced at Audi, and they informed me that I did expect the seal to start to perish within another 60-80k miles.....

I would recommend engine out to rectify as that way you can have the rest of the ancillaries inspected for issues. I can't imagine the turbos are new as you've been told as it's an engine out job for those iirc and there wouldn't be a sane owner that wouldn't rectify the oil seal if the turbos were being swapped.

There's a possibility of the oil being from the oil filter housing, if there is any oil between the head V and the inlet manifold that is a tell tale sign, but generally the back of the engine is where these cars leak
20180612 123715

4.6 secs is definitely not a car mapped to 700bhp either. Most likely stock, what's the mileage?

Allright mate thanks, we went back to the mechanic we bought it from and detected that that there was standard software. Has been upgraded and now does 4.3-4.4 but we got a "Boost pressure too high" error so we will be taking the car to a other garage from now on. The car has 141.000 KM on the gauge.

We also seen that the leak is coming from the heads on the back, so most likely it's the pressure pumps? But indeed 160-200 euro each, and the engine needs to be removed. We will now see if we can make a plan for the future in which we will replace this on our own bridge, and do some tuning . I will create a new thread for this one thanks so far.

Last edited:
4.6s to 60 is slow slow slow, RS3 stock is 3.6.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

4.6s to 60 is slow slow slow, RS3 stock is 3.6.

TX.

Yes but the new RS3 and the old have a great quick gearbox and this car is no hero from 0-60. Even the 1000+ HP's are above 3.0s I believe. The C7 is allot faster from 0-60 but not a higher top speed then the c6.

Yes but the new RS3 and the old have a great quick gearbox and this car is no hero from 0-60. Even the 1000+ HP's are above 3.0s I believe. The C7 is allot faster from 0-60 but not a higher top speed then the c6.
Ah ok fair enough. Pesky little RS3s nipping at your heels ;)

TX.

Reactions: CHEZ
Ah ok fair enough. Pesky little RS3s nipping at your heels ;)

TX.

I think how this RS6 is now, they will not be nipping our heels but I will be kissing their behinds :whistle2:. Those RS3's are so fast! We have had a test-drive in the RS3 once, they are very quick. I would chose a RS3 over this RS6 at anytime now (especially the oversteer in the RS6 is dangerous). We are currently working on a MGF circuit car [offtopic below] but I would love to drive a faster car once on the circuit (Zandvoort).

BjqRggtMQRaOnD5TqzYCGA C3e3babd eb15 4b6a a386 3e59049fe87b91cdd8af df11 4f98 aa60 f576a38b724194375A5A 4759 4942 B390 4A95EEE999A7

PmALivpQqeDFofbFXKMQ58389F37 F9F8 49BD AC7B FDFC44F9BC1D

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 453
Reactions: Terminator x
Allright mate thanks, we went back to the mechanic we bought it from and detected that that there was standard software. Has been upgraded and now does 4.3-4.4 but we got a "Boost pressure too high" error so we will be taking the car to a other garage from now on. The car has 141.000 KM on the gauge.

We also seen that the leak is coming from the heads on the back, so most likely it's the pressure pumps? But indeed 160-200 euro each, and the engine needs to be removed. We will now see if we can make a plan for the future in which we will replace this on our own bridge, and do some tuning . I will create a new thread for this one thanks so far.

No worries, if the leak is from the heads at the back there's a possibility it's the oil cooler seal or else the oil filter housing, or both. Not as expensive as pressure pumps.

These cars should map up to around 650/700 hp depending on fuel and exhaust. 4.6 is roughly stock so 4.3 doesn't sound like the map has gained much at all. Generally they're very reliable I've around 250,000 Kms on mine