Audi rs3 problem

Irfan786

Reaction score
Hi I have a Audi rs3 saloon 20 plate for some reason it’s only boosting after 7k rpm any suggestions what it could be or anyone know who the previous owner was thanks.
E69AA21A 3734 49FA AA2C 978ABEC4BF10

Have you checked the pressure control valve and lines that go to the turbo actuator ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you checked the pressure control valve and lines that go to the turbo actuator ?

Hi I’ve been told if it was the actuator it would be in limp mode no engine management light it’s just boosting so late where is the pressure control valve thanks

Hi I’ve been told if it was the actuator it would be in limp mode no engine management light it’s just boosting so late where is the pressure control valve thanks

Take the cover off and it’s on the right hand side of the engine where the timing chain is at the top.
It’s got a multi plug and vacuum lines coming off it.

Check it and all the vac lines are intact / connected properly.
99a402e6605f33a44802918c0e4b2b2a.jpg

Take the cover off and it’s on the right hand side of the engine where the timing chain is at the top.
It’s got a multi plug and vacuum lines coming off it.

Check it and all the vac lines are intact / connected properly.
99a402e6605f33a44802918c0e4b2b2a.jpg

Ok thanks bud I will check first thing in the morning and let u know much appreciated.

Needs a scan with VCDS too.

Scanned it today no faults at all what so ever it’s just puzzling as it has a full scorpion exhaust with no cat it’s got a airtec intercooler so must have been remapped as when a cars cat has been removed in order to remove the engine management light u have to get it remapped and I don’t know who the previous owner is as it was purchased through a auction site it does boost but really late and can get full potential as too many cameras and the roads which can be used u seem to run out of road before it starts boosting it thus makes sense thanks

I’ve took this pic just now can u see the metal pipe where my finger is does that connecti to sontjing or supposed to be like that

What attaches to this a rubber pipe or plastic cheers bud

Thin rubber pipe that runs at the back of the cam solenoids and over the turbo elbow then down to the actuator on the turbo.

Let me grab a picture of mine.

This has the hallmarks of the car being fiddled with.
Sounds like it may have had a turbo elbow on at some point and the previous owner hasn’t put it all back.

There’s no pipe at all completely missing from the turbo

Oh dear. Recent purchase then ? If so I’d be on the blower to whoever you bought it off.

Scandalous to sell a car in that condition, Christ no wonder it’s not boosting.

You are missing this…..
346c588a3a286d979e0210f79c39eefa.jpg

Oh dear. Recent purchase then ? If so I’d be on the blower to whoever you bought it off.

Scandalous to sell a car in that condition, Christ no wonder it’s not boosting.

I’ve just rung my friend he might have the part for me he’s just checking see how I get on

Might have the part?! Speak to the person you bought it from as others have said. Should not have sold it in that state.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Might have the part?! Speak to the person you bought it from as others have said. Should not have sold it in that state.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
It was purchased through a auction so have no contact details for the previous owner cheers

It’s off my 8V Daza that I had prior to the 8Y.

Mine was modified with a bigger turbo elbow so that part and old turbo elbow I still have.

It’s fixed to the turbo elbow by a small bracket and screw.
937fdacdb7568657fb349f555f017c0d.jpg

947a9004523a0a2d8ed95b950d1bbf4a.jpg
016A505C 3E0F 4DF1 B100 CDEA588266A0
This is what my mates gave me but doesn’t look anything like the one u sent me cheers