AUDI RS3 on the ring ?

Sounds amazing.

Mmm sounds more like a TTRS than an S3! I think that front bumper is near enough production ready too. Bring it on.

If that is the actual sound from that car ie not dubbed over; Definately a 5 cylinder.

If that is the actual sound from that car ie not dubbed over; Definately a 5 cylinder.

That is definately the RS3 I tell you that now.... Things are developing too much over the last 4 weeks or so. Iv'e heard it's due at the end of this year from my dealer. TTRS engine.

David

1st what colour will yours be Dave :p & 2nd whats with the flashng drl's?

lmfao, cant believe that came from you nige, lol.
there not flashing mate, its because there being filmed, something to do with the blink rate etc mate

firewrols.jpg

Ah its pulsing power to the led's, pulse width modulation probably, that would explain the flickering as frames per second are catching the led's powered on/off maybe, speculative but possible huh.

Ah sorry me northern monkey had about 4 hours sleep :p, tad slow today, anyway thought it was audi's way of distracting us away from there S3 SB, oh no sorry meant RS3.

This is the same old story, where's the flared arches, where's the meaner look, if thats it then as much as it maybe fast, it needs the look to go with it as the intakes on bumper arent exactly electrifying in design as such, tbh looks tad same old.

This is just a mule, but then again who knows what the body wil be like. I wonder if it will only be 5dr, I have a slight feeling it will.

My colout is going to be Sepang Blue as I absolutely love it with the black grill or Suzuka Grey.

Sounds ****** good

Dave

What you're seeing with the DRLs is an aliasing effect caused by a combination of fast shutter speed/short exposure time on the camera, and the pulsed power control to the lights.

Aliasing is also seen in the 'wagon wheel' effect in old cowboy movies etc. -Looks as if there is some difference between pulse rates for the left and right, which is interesting to me... It suggests a locally-controlled pulse-rate instead of being pulsed from the central electrical controller.

I'm positive that they'll have been defaulting to short exposure/super-fast shutter speeds, specifically so that each frame is crisper and less blurred. That makes for much more useful frame-by-frame analysis later on... at the expense of more alasing. -Easy way to tell would probably be to look at how much motion-blur the wheel spokes have. Shorter shutter-times will exhibit less motion-bur.

Anybody else notice that there were two different cars or two different test sessions? -the first one has different wheels.

Keith

that is the RS3 no question about it... oh man i need to save hard!!

Suggestions are that it will be a limited edition RS3 on this 8P platform and that it will come in Sportback guise only.

I also read on GermanCarBlog that next gen A3 after the 8P and late RS3 will introduce a twin turbo 300 bhp S3 and then further tune the newer RS3 to have more than 340 bhp that the current 2.5l has.

In any case, this RS3 after the TT-RS will likely be the start of some great turbo times at Audi. Looking forward to this being released and then onwards to next gen.

Same here, but watch this space. There will be an RS3 in Sepang on here :)

I can't see them changing the models like that to be honest, it would upset too many owners who fork out the money.

I can see the New S3 having twin turbo / 300 BHP, but these variants won;t be out till around 18 months after the new A3 launch whenever that maybe.

The RS models are never updated that quick.

Dealer told me the other day that the new A3 will not be until 2012, but he did mention that the RS3 had now been confirmed.

Mark

Loving the engine note. Now how I wished they shipped here in our country. Heck, we don't even have S3's here. I don't know why I was been told by the local Audi Service Advisor that the sulphur contain in our fuel pumps are hazardous to the fuel injectors or some crap like that. I don't know if it's true or not but I'm not biting it for now.

What's weird is that the VW Camp here, are selling Golf R's like hotcakes!

Looks like it understeers abit.... Those tyres were howling!!

Haha lucky I have enough cylinders to drown out the squeeling

will defo have the TTRS engine so were told. defo sounds like it in the Vid...

If it's anything like the TT RS to drive it will be an absolute blast!

+ you can take a few pals for the ride unlike the tittie, i genuinely cant wait till this is out.. admittedly i wont have one for prob 12-18 months after release but its gonna kick ***.. just think pulling up next to your porkers and m3's and just eating them haha! (well if jonnyc's 0-60 times are anything to go by)