Sportback Audi RS3 FL 500HP+ project

Kristijan Sabljar

My car on 100 fuel setting

7.8 at 22 celzius and 88% hummid.

Its quick

Next thing Milltek downpipe
IMAG3782.jpg

Kristijan Sabljar

There are better DP’s on the market. Look into getting a 4” (100mm DP) - The Milltek looks small to me.
There are better DP’s on the market. Look into getting a 4” (100mm DP) - The Milltek looks small to me.

Honestly my friend has decat edell exhaust 100mm and 76mm under car. Sound is awefull, too metal. I prefer 76mm and heard one with Milltek dp and AUDI SPORT catback. Sound was perfect

Leo-RS

You will get the dreaded “cold start rattle” regardless of what decatted DP you fit.

Slowracer

Question about the wheel power vs engine power. This shows only aabout a 12% difference/ loss, I thought the loss would have been greater for a DCT, I heard in order of 20%.

How does the dyno derive the engine power reading. Lastly, what is the engine power freezed ?

Kristijan Sabljar

Question about the wheel power vs engine power. This shows only aabout a 12% difference/ loss, I thought the loss would have been greater for a DCT, I heard in order of 20%.

How does the dyno derive the engine power reading. Lastly, what is the engine power freezed ?
Depends on corrector factor becouse correction is not affecting whp, so depends on condition but what i look is engine power which is corrected

Leo-RS

Quattro cars these days are around 15-18%. When you increase power, the % loss should decrease. Lots of variables like tyre pressure, strap tension, how long the car has cooled for (or not) etc. Dynos are only an aid and shouldn’t be taken as an absolute, timing equipment does the talking. I’d rather have a 500hp car performing well than a “550hp” car performing poorly.

Kristijan Sabljar

Quattro cars these days are around 15-18%. When you increase power, the % loss should decrease. Lots of variables like tyre pressure, strap tension, how long the car has cooled for (or not) etc. Dynos are only an aid and shouldn’t be taken as an absolute, timing equipment does the talking. I’d rather have a 500hp car performing well than a “550hp” car performing poorly.
Agreed 100% percent

I can have 420 hp if i go 100-200kmh 7.8 sec :)

betaone68

Revo stage 1 not available before June 15th. As long as they do not delay further output. Now it's only since December 2017 that this tuning is developing !!!!!

Kristijan Sabljar

Revo stage 1 not available before June 15th. As long as they do not delay further output. Now it's only since December 2017 that this tuning is developing !!!!!
No delay , file is allready in 10+ cars performing brillaint , with map switching and having 4 maps inside.

Few more days and u will like your car even more ;)

FBF01

Going down to Sitech (Revo) over in Fife to have my ECU read. Decisions decisions with mapping or not. Never mapped a car before and I’m looking to do so with the fastest car I’ve owned lol

D0C

Going down to Sitech (Revo) over in Fife to have my ECU read. Decisions decisions with mapping or not. Never mapped a car before and I’m looking to do so with the fastest car I’ve owned lol
If you do take the plunge, it'll blow your mind at the difference it makes. Made my PFL feel twice as fast and was just pure violence! Debating everyday whether to get the TTRS done...can I risk it?!

betaone68

No delay , file is allready in 10+ cars performing brillaint , with map switching and having 4 maps inside.

I was an Italian REVO dealer. I did download software loaded on my control unit. Forwarded request to REVO UK. Answer REVO UK ... stage 1 available from June 15th which is a Friday ???? If we are lucky, exit will be later this month ...

Seanix

Hi Kristijan,
Can U elaborate on the 4 switchable maps please? Is this just for the fuel type or more fancy stuff like crackle/overrun mode?

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Beebee-one

If you do take the plunge, it'll blow your mind at the difference it makes. Made my PFL feel twice as fast and was just pure violence! Debating everyday whether to get the TTRS done...can I risk it?!

Do it! The lighter TTRS with around 500ps will be amazing. I have my FL Sportback booked in at MRC in July. :racer:

JamesCrs3

It will be bonkers if you do!

Reactions: D0C

D0C

Do it! The lighter TTRS with around 500ps will be amazing. I have my FL Sportback booked in at MRC in July. :racer:
Like before when I was deciding whether to take the plunge, it wasn't the engine or turbo going pop that concerned me, but more the gearbox or Haldex exploding!

3SR

Like before when I was deciding whether to take the plunge, it wasn't the engine or turbo going pop that concerned me, but more the gearbox or Haldex exploding!

With the big turbo Iroz ones as well as the APR hybrid turbo ones running around pushing 650-750(?) whp, we should be seeing catastrophic failures soon if there were weaknesses... my 2 cents

D0C

With the big turbo Iroz ones as well as the APR hybrid turbo ones running around pushing 650-750(?) whp, we should be seeing catastrophic failures soon if there were weaknesses... my 2 cents
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it would be the remap that would ever cause anything. It's just be a manufacturing defect. But one that Audi would blame on the map regardless.

3SR

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it would be the remap that would ever cause anything. It's just be a manufacturing defect. But one that Audi would blame on the map regardless.
True, true... and basically the main reason I'm not tuned to my tits :)
don't know if I will be able to resist forever, bugs me that I paid for an extra year of warranty coverage :(

D0C

True, true... and basically the main reason I'm not tuned to my tits :)
don't know if I will be able to resist forever, bugs me that I paid for an extra year of warranty coverage :(
Yep, I'm struggling to resist the temptation, especially as I've felt what a difference a good map makes. And the fact it would make it nearly 911 turbo fast!

penetrator

Been following this thread Kristijan and it’s a ****** good one so cheers for the advice and information. I’m getting the Stage1 tune this morning here in the UK and I can’t ****** wait! The on,y other mods I have are BMC drop in filter and a modified RS Sports Exhaust so it’s straightpiped from the primary cats so I’m hoping for a really strong car.

Kristijan Sabljar

Been following this thread Kristijan and it’s a ****** good one so cheers for the advice and information. I’m getting the Stage1 tune this morning here in the UK and I can’t ****** wait! The on,y other mods I have are BMC drop in filter and a modified RS Sports Exhaust so it’s straightpiped from the primary cats so I’m hoping for a really strong car.
Many tnx man, u will enjoy it . If u are runnig 100 octane fuel figures will be very good :D

neg

I suppose if the boost has been turned up that will no doubt create a bit more noise. All sounds good.

Yeh normally the case - more spool, more air going in and more gas coming out. I remember the 7R sounded different with and without a map. Louder dsg farts too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D0C

Fantastic results, Kristijan.

For us in the UK do you have 0-60mph and 0-100mph times and did you do any a 1/4 mile run at the same time?

I did my first launch yesterday since Revo stage 1 and it was incredible. Unfortunately I don't have dragy or vbox but was clearly fast!

Kristijan Sabljar

Fantastic results, Kristijan.

For us in the UK do you have 0-60mph and 0-100mph times and did you do any a 1/4 mile run at the same time?

I did my first launch yesterday since Revo stage 1 and it was incredible. Unfortunately I don't have dragy or vbox but was clearly fast!

Will check later mph numbers and post. When its cold car is brutal. So much heat in this 5 pot so crucial is to keep intake temp low.