Audi Response to Covid 19

cuke2u

Reaction score
"
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update:
Our customers, colleagues and communities are at the heart of everything we do.
With the rapidly developing COVID-19 situation we are following government advice, and working with our Audi Centre network to take the appropriate actions to maintain the safety of customers and staff.
Our Audi Centre network outlets are working responsibly within their communities and complying with government advice. Enquiries in many locations continue to be welcomed via telephone and digital contact.
For everyone’s safety and convenience, if you need urgent vehicle maintenance, please check your local Audi Centre service availability by telephone or visiting their website.
We have also implemented temporary closures of our factories across Europe as a measure to ensure the health of the workforce and to play our part for public health.
This is a fast moving situation, but Audi will continue to work closely with all our partners and communities, to ensure the wellbeing of all."
Mercedes have closed their dealerships in the south east.

Most car dealers seem to be the same at the moment.
Two that I have recently been involved with - Dundee Audi closed from today till 14th April, and Mercedes of Edinburgh closed till 15th April.
I don't think anybody will be wanting to buy a new car in the current climate.....I know I don't.

not sure this is news - it was annoucnced none essential businesses are to close

A car delaership is none essential in my mind

Reactions: Bryant1998 and Fatbloke
Most car dealers seem to be the same at the moment.
Two that I have recently been involved with - Dundee Audi closed from today till 14th April, and Mercedes of Edinburgh closed till 15th April.
I don't think anybody will be wanting to buy a new car in the current climate.....I know I don't.

i was at Perth Audi the other day to get my car sorted. Was told they had 15 deliveries that day alone. It’s new reg time.

not sure this is news - it was annoucnced none essential businesses are to close
Except that my engineering company does "non essential" work, yet we are still open.
The official line is that if it is impossible for you to work from home then it is ok to go to work while observing the relevant precautions.
Construction and manufacturing have not been officially closed down, however some employers might take the decision to temporarily close.
There is still "open to interpretation" with the current situation.
My company is governed by Scottish Engineering, and they have officially said it is ok for us to work.

i was at Perth Audi the other day to get my car sorted. Was told they had 15 deliveries that day alone. It’s new reg time.
Yes but that was the other day, their stance could have changed today.
This is a constantly evolving situation we are currently in.

I have been working from home since last week as in the vulnerable group. Remote networking has been haphazard due to the number now using it. Disney+ was released in the uk today too.

Knowing Audi they'll probably make the embedded virus a paid for option.

Reactions: reefer110, OCDaveS4, S32B and 3 others
Had an email this afternoon from Truro Audi to inform me that they are closing tomorrow. This includes their VW and Skoda dealerships as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what happens at the end of the month when the MOT is due?? Garage is shut, can’t drive a car without an MOT. What about servicing. If the car says service, how much leeway is allowed, before warranty is voided.

Appreciate the human side of things, life is more important, but there are some considerations, the MOT is the biggest.

So what happens at the end of the month when the MOT is due?? Garage is shut, can’t drive a car without an MOT. What about servicing. If the car says service, how much leeway is allowed, before warranty is voided.

Appreciate the human side of things, life is more important, but there are some considerations, the MOT is the biggest.
I saw this on question time...Garages & Mot testing stations are still allowed to remain open, As in the goverment guidelines , so as not to invalidate insurance warranty ect . You Just have to respect the 2M proximity rules.

I saw this on question time...Garages & Mot testing stations are still allowed to remain open, As in the goverment guidelines , so as not to invalidate insurance warranty ect . You Just have to respect the 2M proximity rules.
.....makes sense. I'm classed as essential staff & have to go in regardless. If they closed all the garages,tyre shops we would be f*&ked if a tyre was beyond repair etc.

Reactions: k.lockU2
.....makes sense. I'm classed as essential staff & have to go in regardless. If they closed all the garages,tyre shops we would be f*&ked if a tyre was beyond repair etc.
I Take my hat off to you... my wife is the same on the front- line. My concerns are for the psychological knock on effect in 2 weeks time.

Reactions: RS3 S.
Except that my engineering company does "non essential" work, yet we are still open.
The official line is that if it is impossible for you to work from home then it is ok to go to work while observing the relevant precautions.
Construction and manufacturing have not been officially closed down, however some employers might take the decision to temporarily close.
There is still "open to interpretation" with the current situation.
My company is governed by Scottish Engineering, and they have officially said it is ok for us to work.

sorry must have missed the OP thread where it mentioned your engineering compnay

for the record all our field engineers are classed as front line works so have letters to allow their chrildren to go to school etc - that wasnt the OP post

It's common sense to close a showroom. Do you think it's sensible to keep a luxury car showroom open for people to get into cars that countless others have got in, coughed in, sneezed in, fingered and poked every surface? Or sat less than 6 ft opposite a salesman for a lot longer than fifteen minutes?

Frankly, only a deliberate death-spreader would go and buy a new car from a showroom now.

I am sure people servicing can wait a few months - especially if they should be really limiting travel - again networks are supporting critcial services and people with emergency MOTs and essential serviving that affects safety

all existing bookings are being upheld and emergency neytworks providing key essential servicing such as tyres etc

the rest of us will just have to wait

BMW have already suggested they will havce a software fix for the Idrive servicing schedule as their Idrive system highlights when a key servcie has been missed which can invlaidate warranty and devalue the car when coming to sell

MOT expiry extend by 1 month and likely to be 3 months at the current rate - in the grand scheme of things it means **** all to stop what Spain and Italy are experiencing

Last edited:
I don't think anyone will be wanting to buy a new car at this time. No one's job is safe at the minute.

I work in construction (designer) and 90% of site are closed. After all of this, some cladding companies will go bust. Especially if invoices aren't paid (a good excuse by some main contractors to hold onto subbies money) meaning cash may well run out.

I myself may be out of work for months due to this. If I hadn't just bought a new car in January, buying one now would not even cross my mind.

Saying that, manufacturers will be desperate for sales when the world hits the reset button. Could be some very good bargains out there.

Reactions: unitzero
Government has just announced MOT expiration dates will be extended by 6 months with effect from 31st March. If your MOT is due before or on the 30th March, then it will still be required to have a new test....apparently this is because the legislation has to be put in place.

Government has just announced MOT expiration dates will be extended by 6 months with effect from 31st March. If your MOT is due before or on the 30th March, then it will still be required to have a new test....apparently this is because the legislation has to be put in place.

It'll only work if you can still TAX your car when the system says the MOT has expired. And then Insurance companies need to be on board too, otherwise you'll either not be able to insure your car, or it could be their get out clause of paying out should you need to claim.

I had my 2017 S3 in for a warranty repair yesterday at the dealer (PODS replacement) and with very strict 2 metre distancing being enforced, along with surgical masks and gloves and sanitation of all contact points in vehicles. Car dealerships are considered an essential business in B.C. Canada
Meanwhile to the South of me in Trumpland, it is a true hodgepoge of instructions to Americans with The Donald waving the "all will be well flag" in a matter of a couple of weeks. That guy is a buffoon and a lunatic.

Reactions: Phutters and AlS3BE
sorry must have missed the OP thread where it mentioned your engineering compnay
It's common sense to close a showroom. Do you think it's sensible to keep a luxury car showroom open
You didn't miss it because it wasn't there. I was simply responding to your comment about "non essential" business are to close, and pointing out that this is not actually the case for all.

You apparently did miss where I said that nobody will be wanting to buy a new car in the current climate. This includes me and I have a new car waiting to be picked up!

I Take my hat off to you... my wife is the same on the front- line. My concerns are for the psychological knock on effect in 2 weeks time.
.........thanks mate:icon thumright:. Should have also added at the time my wife works for the NHS also. I'm M.O.D.

Reactions: k.lockU2
I work in the leasing industry and it's all but stopped.....crazy times....orders are just on hold until all back up and running whenever that will be.

Well I'm in the insurance business so suddenly I'm everyone's best friend!

If this lockdown goes on for a few months longer the 20 plate cars will become a collectors item. Only seen a couple on the roads so far.

I got my '69 S3 from Edinburgh Audi 2 weeks before the lockdown. The guy told me they'd been told to get rid of stock so I walked away with an absolutely ridiculous deal. It's kind of bitter sweet as although I got the joy of now owning this, those people were just trying to cling on until the inevitable happened.

I'll definitely be popping in after this is over to properly thank them for what they did!

At least I still get to enjoy the car on my commute to work despite actually having to work!