Audi rejected a request of full refund or compensation

gc1902

Reaction score
My car has undergone a series of repairs last year and it all started within less than a year of purchase. The issue was with the steering wheel creaking noise coming from the upper side of the steering column. I have raised a complaint with Audi UK as well but they sent the query back to the dealership which is a franchise. Here is what's been done to it all on separate occasions:
1st attempt: no diagnosis
2nd attempt: steering shaft repositioned
3rd attempt: steering shaft replaced
4th attempt: slip ring replaced
5th attempt: steering column and the rear differential replaced
6th attempt: steering column cowling repositioned
Above all covered under warranty.
I have been let down on so many occasions.

Customer services:
  • Been told twice on different occasions the by Head of Business to go somewhere else
  • Turned up for the MOT and was told the machine’s not working was sent back home after 2 months of waiting
  • Had an appointment booked with a courtesy car and was told to re-book the appointment as there was no cars available. I refused to leave until I was given a car. This caused me a lot of stress.
  • All of the above has caused me stress. I have been damaged morally, mentally, and financially.
Please if anyone had any experience such as mine, could you advise what I'm entitled to?

I have lost faith in Audi. They've rejected a full refund request or the costs of how much the car costs now instead they offered £250 goodwill gesture.

Last edited:
Do you have a video of the said noises?

What car is it? How old was it, and how many miles had it done when you acquired it? Did you buy it outright or on a finance deal? How long have you had the car? All of this information will help people help you.

Reactions: JohnM100
Did you have the car from new?. If you are having it MOT'd then I take it that it's over 3 years old. The problem as I understand it from your description is a creak from the steering wheel. The car has not broken down and stranded you, It's not dangerous , the garage appear to have made several attemps to resolve the issue spending what appears to be quite a lot of money to resolve this.
What is the car model? . As stated above be interested to see a video of the noise. How many miles have you done in the car since you have owned this.

Reactions: jdp1962