Audi Red Paint

chrismoore

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am looking at buy a new Audi A3 Sline and was wonder how does the red paint hold up. does it fade over time and can you get the color back as i know the civic red paint fades and once it is gone you cant get it back due to the type of paint.

cheers

No all new cars bar vauxhall are clear over base so no fading

I wouldn't worry. my one will be 10 years old in October and it still looks good. (To me, anyway)....!
5375-1422992220-02300352aa222a88054a798f339f5a33.jpg

:icon thumright:

Reactions: Ghostneo
I have a flash red GTI 1.8T that I bought new in 1998. Colour is still as new. My brilliant red S3 is 9 years younger and again no fade.
Go for it!

I got a 2006 A3 in red and i have noticed that the lacquer has started to flake in spots

Mines a 2010 and seems perfect so far

Reactions: FaisalFazeli and Jake 61
When i say new i mean around 07. do any of you find the car looks pinker in sunlight?

No. Like I said, mine's a 55 plate and the colour is still rich.
I remember when I was looking for a car and I told a few people at work that it had to be red, they all walked away muttering about how easy red paint faded.
I think everyone has seen that Corsa or Astra six years old and ten different shades of red.
I bet those cars never saw a decent cut and polish in all their years on the road, so no wonder red gets a bad rep.

Last edited:
the Vauxhalls were all solid colours though, so fade and oxidise over time

Water based paint with laquer over the top does not fade. Pretty sure all new cars are painted in water base these days because of some EU legislation.