Audi Recall ( all petrol engines)

Hitachi bolt downs

P2260217.jpg

Had my coilpacks replaced at Aberdeen Audi first thing this morning - no problems.
They didn't touch anything else and the girl was as nice as she sounded on the phone!

I had a quick nosey at the used cars while I was there... anyone lend me £20k?

I bought 5L of Quantum Platinum from the parts dept and went to the bodyshop to have my rust patch examined for a warranty claim too...

Just picked my A3 up from Taunton Audi after having the roof rust fixed, and while it was there they changed the coil packs without even being asked, excellent service, nice work as far as I can see.

chaps i had a call from Audi yesterday trying to book my 8L in for this.....if you see the chap who bought it off me then if someone can mention, that said i replaced them all after mapping and so id imagine they'd be one of the latest version.

oh and on another note i have 2 or 3 spare coils off my old BAM sat in the shed if anyone wants em :) worth swapping them for yours if this stops you getting newer ones?

Chaps, for those that have had the coilpacks swapped, what's the part number of the new coilpacks? I like everyone else is sick to death of coilpacks giving up but I really don't want the d*cks at my audi to replace my ones with new ones that are no better and also knowing Audi breaking something along the way.

I'm assuming that they keep the ones they take off ?

Had all 4 coil packs replaced and a free health check...

They reported that my near side ring spring is ******, the pig tail had snapped off, looks like it's been like that a long time... Lush

I replaced all mine 2years ago to non hitachi ones... Does that mean they won't replace any of mine?

i was in audi today for some parts
iv just picked a a4 up with the revised packs
ov they wont change them
so i said iv got the reciptes from the ones iv had to buy
more or less said tough luck but feel free to take it up with audi uk

Had all 4 coil packs replaced and a free health check...

They reported that my near side ring spring is ******, the pig tail had snapped off, looks like it's been like that a long time... Lush

You're alignment will probably be way out if your spring has snapped. Definitely worth fixing.

Bromley Audi Confirmed the recall booked in for Friday thanks for the heads up. Apparently they don't notify owners by writing to them (I guess looking up all previous owners and then sending letters out is a tall order) but notify customers of the recall when you bring it in.

4 new coils fitted, great service....they are a dark grey colour, v shiny : )

Had mine done today, cars runs a damn sight smoother now, they done there rediculous health check,

My car needs new arb bushes, 1front wheel bearing, wiper and rear discs..

They wanted £820!!!!!!

I dont think so some how lol

Ive got a V reg Audi A3 1.6 sport anyone else got the coils with the same age?

E-mailed Perth Audi hopefully i will get them, just wish i knew what they were!!!

WO big thanks. My local audi are c*nts but they are doing it for free woo hoo :D

not ryt pleased had one coil pack changed today from the local audi garage and got back in it felt slow what the hell told them not to mess with diagnostic's.

drove it around abit what can i here from behind the dash air whistling out of somewhere blag shore they tuke my car for a spin went in fast come out slow ****** off

Dave mine is APY I had one replaced cost me £29 from GSF. I am certain another one is on it's way out as at start up I only have 3 cylinders sometimes :(

Sandip I I have the Beru stickers one the one I got, but I thought they were made by GMBH...

My local audi dealer said they would look at my S3 regarding coil packs change but wouldn't say if it would remove my remap if they downloaded new software onto the ecu? Are they talking crap? I take it people have had there coil packs changed with remaps on their S3 and had no problems after.

Dave mine is APY I had one replaced cost me £29 from GSF. I am certain another one is on it's way out as at start up I only have 3 cylinders sometimes :(

Sandip I I have the Beru stickers one the one I got, but I thought they were made by GMBH...

Ring them mate, i did and they said APY engines are not affected...had to go by the car engine as they could not find my private plate s3 on the system, or the old reg witch according to him was a private number too...so no bolt down packs are involved wether it be hitachi,beru, or gmbh?,
but i would ring if only to satisfy your own curiosity.....

Thanks Dave, Just went down Audi Finchely London, after the lovely busty lady checked with her not so lovely manager, they said we can do it but we will need to run a diagnostic check prior to that which would cost you £75 plus vat! she first said there is a recall and when she came back the manager said there was no recall on my engine...

What engine block do I check on VAGCOM for faulty Coil Packs? it's got to be volt related.

Last edited:

I'm not 100% but i'm sure the Beru bolt downs were originally Hitachi. Then Beru put their sticker on top. If you look at my picture, something has been rubbed off the front lol These coil packs are becoming hard to get hold of now though! Bremi is replacing them

"Sandip I I have the Beru stickers one the one I got, but I thought they were made by GMBH..."

might be wrong, but I thought GMBH was a German term for companies with limited liability, not a brand?

Just had my coil packs change and free health check, everything when fine and no faults found.

was speccing a car and was talking to the saleman who has a s3 8p which is stage 1 map and he said and the head audi tech, that if you have a mapped ecu, it will be wiped off if they put and updated software on the car.

Nae luck for me at Perth Audi. Apparently my ignition system is from a earlier system, so no free parts this week!

I have just been in touch with my local Audi dealer who has very helpful an has confirmed this IS a recall for 8L S3's. Mine is booked in for next Saturday for a full replacement set for free....!

Thanks very much to whoever posted this thread as I would not have known otherwise and to those of you who slated the poor guy... well, what can I say....

any 1.8T engine mate. So yeh A3 aswell if you dont have the good ones already.

Just phoned my local dealer (Neyland Audi, they're pretty mickey mouse tbh) and they have said that my car is not on the recall list yet, but as they are constantly updating the list, I should phone them back next week.

I called audi Cambridge and they told me there is no such recall????

I've just spoken to Audi Cambridge and they knew about it, my AMK S3 is booked in on the 15th March to have the coils inspected and a free health check. I've no idea what coilpacks are currently fitted but it's got to be worth a go. Thanks to the OP for pointing this out.

Just looked at mine looks like I will be booking it in tomorrow!
I guess I have the old ones dont look like the bolt down type :D

I will let you know if they say mine are ok or not booking it in tomorrow hope they replace them because its free :)