Audi R8

Macduff

Reaction score
Saw one in the flesh for the first time yesterday at Aberdeen Audi. I must say that it doesn't do much for me. The side view is hideous with that great big lump of carbon fibre behind the door

Is it just me???

sub zero, it just looks stunning and is a baby Lambo not an upgraded TT! althog h i will re vote once i see a footballer in one!!!

Its almost cool but not quite there for me.Even if i could afford one,which i cant,there is too many better options available for the money.100k for an Audi :no:

Putting the V10 lambo engine in it next year i heard somewhere, I forget where, shud make it a little more interesting! Like the new RS6! mmmmmmmmmmm

Will be interesting to see what people say after a few years after Audi are a bit more established in that market. Always going to be difficult being last to the party. Hat off to them though. Reading the reviews, they've done a stunning job for their first attempt. :respekt:

I'd love one!!

Teutonic_Tamer said:

Well I think it looks great in black, saw an all black one on fifth Gear earlier and it looks even nicer! :hubbahubba:

I had a drive in one :sorry: a great car to drive and what a sound coming from the engine! :faint:

I heard they where sold out for 2 years, normal retail is 77k and I guessing that the garage put a premium price on it due to the demand! £98k is alot of cash..:faint: No doubt it sold at that price too! :wacko:

love it. If i had the cash i would be heading down to the nearest Audi Garage now. Much nice then any Porsche

thebluebus said:
Much as I like the looks and the idea of the R8, it isn't cool. Supercars, or supercar alternatives like it, just can't ever be cool.

Except in an engineering sense. You can admire the technology.
But by that logic, you would end up saying certain software packages are cool, because of how cleverly they work.
Or an extremely comfy chair, or an iPod.

Impressive, yes. Cleverly engineerined.

Cool, never.

um thats what cool engineering is some things are just cool because they are eg a spitfire and say arguably the iPhone.

Ok the r8 migt err on the sensible side (gernmans for you) but its still cool.

Drove this on a trackday....

n652219256_2900641_1835802.jpg

My boss had the V8 in white. I didn't like it much as it looked like a footballers car and footballers are a bunch of twats. He said general public response to the car was positive (especially from women) compared to the hatred he received for the bright orange GT3 RS he had before the R8.

I had a quick shot but wasn't too taken with it. I preferred his wifes "school run" RS4. It was more comfortable and sounded better.