Audi R8 V10 Plus Gen 1 - Tyre Sizes

wicked_initials

Reaction score
Hi All,

Apologies in advance if this has been discussed a million times but I currently have - Front: 235/35/19, Rear: 305/30/19 tyres on my car (Not that I put on but were on when I brought the car) but I heard in a video Ricky (RE Performance) did that he suggested 305/30/19 with 245/35/19 or 295/30/19 with 235/35/19 and not to mix and match.

I'm about to buy a new set of tyres and I don't want to get it wrong, make sure I didn't misunderstand etc.... can anyone confirm the above? Whenever you put the reg into these tyre websites, it does come back only with the tyre sizes I have already fitted.

Pros/Cons, any advice is generally the ask..

Thanks in advance.

I got a VIN of a V10 Gen 1 R8 and punched it into factory parts catalog

From factory that particular car was fitted with 235/35/19 front and 305/30/19 rear from factory

Only other variations listed are for 18" wheels or if you are using winter tyres.

Thanks @Darren92, I agree, I believe my current tyres conform to Audi spec as it left the factory and I believe through the countless tyre websites I've checked there is no doubt the standard setup is what I have. I suppose my doubt comes from Ricky's video, who I believe many know well on this forum as being the R8 Guru have worked at Audi himself in the past. I didn't fail to notice the comment of availability with Cup 2's either but is that the only reason?

He explains all in about 40 seconds from that point.

Last edited: