audi r8 driving experience

buffalino

LIVING THE GOOD LIFE
Reaction score
wow just had an audi r8 for 3 hours ,, round a f1 race track,, s3 felt so slow afterwards,, but to be understood,,. :superman:
but a nice day out ,,, could not turn off the esp,, but probably would have killled myself if i did,,

It's good isn't it? I did Oulton Park earlier this year. I thought that the next one was Rockingham in August - they must have fitted another date in between...

Good cars on track, a great feel to them. The only problem is I need to spec and pay for the R8 now...

Did you get a massive R8 book and presentation case? They give them away at the experience as they don't fit in an R8 with passenger when you collect the car :keule:

i done it in barcelona, i got the crash helmet free but no r8 promotion ,,oh and a free lunch,,

Cool :) Guess if i had paid attention to your location I would have noticed you were in spain.

The UK lunch was OK, but the german driving "instructors" were excellent with their deadpan accounts of the potential hazards...

Prefer it to the 911?

Suppose it would have to be a C4S to be a fair test. Prefer the CS though.

Not sure that I do.

Its faster but not better, and definately not as interesting.

I'm in a swither as to whether to take it or not, it's due at the end of the year.

I shared the driving in Glen's (Ess_Three) 996 C4S this weekend to GTI inters - it puts a much bigger smile on the face than the R8...

Think I'll go off and try a 997 CS and a 997 GT3 to decide finally.

If you don't go for the GT3, get a CS with the X51 kit... should be a bit cheaper given the revised 997 CS will have the same power standard, unless of course you're considering the revised car with DFI.

Assuming money isn't an object though and given your occupation, it's probably not...I'd be in the GT3 :laugh:

My current and slightly oblique view is to keep the 993 (as a love it - and it's appreciating), get a 912 for fun and classic rallies and a 996 GT3 clubsport for hooning about and such like... Should still have change to tax and insure them all compared with the R8...

Was out for a play tonight when one of these came up behind me:

997gt3rs1sx.jpg

It was exactly like the above, same colour wheels, spoiler etc.

What a noise! He followed me onto the motorway sliproad and I could hear the noise from his engine over mine at 7000rpm.

Awesome.

Theres a picture of a 997S in this months Porsche Post, in Maritime Blue (the colour of the stripes on that RS) with the full Aerokit...
I have found myself thinking of nothing else since...

If I had R8 money sitting about (which, sadly, I haven't) I reckon a facelift Carrera 3.8 4S in Maritime blue, with an Aerokit and some GT2 buckets would be heading to Chez Sheppard currently (can't order a GT3 anymore...)

I would rather drop £93k into a 911 than an R8...no doubt the R8 is a fantastic machine...but by all accounts, taken on advice of those I trust that have driven them, a tad sterile. I'd prefer something that will scare the bejesus out of me on a regular basis. Another 911 then...

Why the 4 Glen? Go Hardcore RWD, you know you want to!

Took my Golf down to the VW dealer yesterday for a service and was surprised to find an aerokitted C2S parked on the forecourt... Not advertised anywhere and at an attractive price...

Will be taking it for a drive over the weekend to further add to the confusion.

I think a "2" is the way to go, the "4" may well be useful when its wet and snowy up here, but I think most of the time a "2" will suit me better.

Glen - Maritime blue with full aerokit? Hmm... Like the sound of that. I didn't get Porsche Post this month as my subscription has accidentally lapsed - at least it wasn't my road tax though :whistle2: