Audi R8 Driving Experience at Infineon Raceway

Andreas_D

Reaction score
Website
www.driving-vacation.com
I see Stephen Verdier’s R8 in front of me braking hard as he enters the braking zone before the carousel turn, I do the same to maintain the three car distance. I feel the awesome stopping power of the 8-piston calipers pressing hard against the cross drilled ceramic discs slowing down the R8 in a few eye blinks. I push the clutch and shift the gear lever to the third slot. The car revs up performing engine braking, I ease the brake entered the apex and start to accelerate as I fixed my eyes toward my exit point – the technique that they’ve been teaching us all morning- that will carry me at the fastest possible speed through this G-force producing turn at the Infineon raceway...

Photo gallery

Infineon raceway is where international champions are born and breakthrough technologies are proven. During the race, high-adrenaline actions happen at the chicanes, decreasing radius turns, hairpins, and switchbacks. Competition runs high. Everyone in the battle field is fighting for the first place. At the end of the day, racing teams and spectators are celebrating and sharing motor-racing passion with friends and families...

Photo gallery

In the six piece Jazz orchestra, there are multiple sounds playing in their corresponding tracks making a harmonious melody. The firm Aluminum Space Frame (ASF) and the magnetic ride damper suspension system of the R8 inspire the confidence in me. The low center of gravity, the balanced weight distribution of this mid-mounted engine R8, the legendary Quattro, and the race-car steering enable me to be one with the car and feel the tarmac underneath me. Like Jazz, the sum of the R8 mechanical parts makes a harmonious ensemble. I am dancing and the Infineon raceway is my dance floor. And the two banks of four provide the harmonious melody to dance to. At this moment, all expectations that had been built up by auto journalists and Audi marketing department become reality for me. They are no longer words. They are experiences. Better than best!

Photo gallery

Audi Driving Experience

I followed the “Registration” sign which took me to the brand new red metal hangar structure. The exterior and interior are contemporary in design; it embodies the engineering spirit and the human endeavor for progress. This building hosts the Audi Driving Experience hospitality, registration, and driving instruction centers for Northern California. The other centers are Homestead Miami Speedway, Florida, Autobahn Country Club, Illinois, Pocono Raceway, Philadelphia, and California Speedway, California. I am always a big fan of the Audi Driving Experience. I’ve attended some of the most popular European programs; the Audi Winter Driving Experience in Seefeld, Austria, and the Audi RS4 Circuit de Catalunya Experience in Barcelona, Spain. It is a nice surprise that Audi brings this widely successful program to this side of the pond.

Photo gallery

Memorable Moment

Many compare the R8 to exotic cars. When I see exotic cars driving down the Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, I am reminded of super models walking down the catwalk; glamorous, nothing more and nothing less. When I see the R8 driving down the same road, I see a beautiful and toned athlete who has accomplished what most people consider the impossible...

Photo gallery

I will definitely remember the R8 for a very long time because this magnificent and extraordinary car wakes up the child in me. It allows me to dream fun and magical things again. The R8 is not just an engineering master piece, but it is also a magnificent arts. Furthermore, an object that can wake your senses and inspire you to dream must have a soul. An inspiring soul, the R8 has.

Photo gallery

Read more...