Nothing has fallen off
Nothing has stopped working when it should
Its on AVS and only used 1 ltr of topup oil in 32K
Never broken down or failed to start
Its Just out of warranty and hasn't been to Audi for a long time

All its had is

Door lock sensor
Squeek on the seat, lubed up ok
ermm cant think of anything else, ohh ye the relay switch for the indicators was replaced

Wish list

Armrest
Xenon's
Suede/leather seats wud be nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

My 2ps worth

Top Gear have a 3.2Q Sport 3dr as a long termer (p170 of March issue). First I have seen of it, but they have had it since October apparently. Pretty brief report and but overview is very fast but dodgy interior light (showed map light in pic) and sick inducing hard suspension, so It'll be interesting to see how they get on with it.

They are also asking you to email your experiences to them (don't have email address to hand though).

Well just to follow up on my rant from earlier in the thread, it's only taken the dealers over 2 days to get back to me with a quote for replacement of the steering rack on my car and it's a bargain at only £878.56 - quality from start to finish. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Can I ask why are you paying for it (excuse me if I have missed something in an earlier post?).

I've got an old shape out of warranty car... a year 2000 S3 that I can safely say (even though I know the whole history of the car and at no point has any expense been spared) it's about as reliable as our rail network getting you somewhere on time on a bank holiday sunday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll go back to the other forum if I'm not welcome here with all the new cars... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I like dropping in to this "new A3" forum occasionally and throwing down the gauntlet and getting all up-in-your-face and rude...it gives me a great sense of well-being. I am a BMW driver so it is satisfactory to give back what I endure.

Audi's are crap - Live with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I like dropping in to this "new A3" forum occasionally and throwing down the gauntlet and getting all up-in-your-face and rude...it gives me a great sense of well-being. I am a BMW driver so it is satisfactory to give back what I endure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine may not be that well-built,but it sure ain't as pig-ugly as a 1 series. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I wonder if in the BMW literature they also have an option for '<unt Magnet'?

I seemed to get this free of charge on my Audi, as BMW drivers are always trying to cut me up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Out of pure
curiosity,neversaydie,have you measured the 0-100mph of your car ??

Any idea what the 0-100mph is for a standard 120d ??

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard BMWs of late are just as crap at both having faults with cars and with dealers being /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif - care to comment on that?

No but I knocked over a moped today lmao - my mirror is shagged and I bet the poor ****** got a broken arm at a minimum, I never stopped to have a look, p!ssed my self all the way home after I got to the lights and a Megane Sport pulled up and shouted out to me "you fcuking ****!". I was like getting ready for a confrontation and then he continued.."You missed him!".

Too funny.

I'm not sure of the 0-100 but I would say it was sub 15 sec. I will measure and get back to you in both mapped and non mapped state /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

God Thats Quick...

Hmmmmmmm, Good call. I would say all cars of late are poorly built, they certainly don't make them like they use too. All companies today are interested in is profit. The BMW customer service is no different than that of the tardy Audi CS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The only issues I have had with my BMW is the Clutch went to sh!t after the remap, alarm module needed replacing, and window seals need replacing. Oh and now I need a new mirror.

Generaly I find BMW better built and feel more solid than its counterpart Merc or Audi.

I bet you didnt buy the BMW for its looks it is one god damn ugly mo fo and driven by dim wits......I think you proved my point perfectly in your last 2 posts!!

As for the above incident maybe I should point out that he swerved into my lane on the dual carrige way whilst I was accelerating quite hard! I didnt think I needed to put that into the above as most dont really care about the small detail.

ginner who the fcúk are you? You certainly don't know me! now go home and only turn on your PC if you have something constructive to say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif good day to you.

Oh and ginner it's nice you considered to buy a... now what was it you said...one god damn ugly mo fo and driven by dim wits BMW 1 series.

I can only refer to an earlier post - your first post btw too...

"I am sooo glad I chose this rather than the 1 series and Golf."

Eeef and Bowfer forgot to mention that the 1 Series is actually a car for the ladies. That is why the cars were made so ugly, they make any girl driving them look gorgeous!

Of course the 1 Series (along with the Comcrap, or was it Compact?) will go down in social history as having opened up the doors of BMW ownership to the masses. Your average call centre operative (they all call themselves 'team leader', I mean, I wish I was in charge of 4 people who answered phones all day!) now doesn't have to save for quite so long before she can indulge herself in BMW ownership.

You take a hearse, compress it at either end in Photoshop, put a beemer badge on it, charge for painted door handles and you have something that makes a call centre plastic gangster with Essex facelift hairdo, oversized hoop earrings and Burberry handbag look gorgeous all of a sudden. BMW - Built for Mingers and Wa**ers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Mind you they had to have a push button start because if they had 2 things that turned (the steering wheel and ignition key), the luvvies would get confused. For the same reason, you don't ring 'em up when they are ironing.

You are more than welcome here neversaydie, though we may tug at your sense of humour now and again.

Mind you, don't tug too hard at our door handles, they have a habit of falling off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

LOL well I did say it was my annual visit into this forum to wind you up but really I thought you could do a little better! You can normally find me in the other isle "general chat".

As for your above ramblings all I can say is that my next car is going to be either a BMW 330d or another 1 series. Hmmm funny how the A3 also opened the market for Audi too and funnily enough Women are also allowed to drive them too

I am your personal joker here to take your grief of ownership of having an Audi...After all I did have an A3 so I'm well versed!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
God Thats Quick...

Hmmmmmmm, Good call. I would say all cars of late are poorly built, they certainly don't make them like they use too. All companies today are interested in is profit. The BMW customer service is no different than that of the tardy Audi CS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The only issues I have had with my BMW is the Clutch went to sh!t after the remap, alarm module needed replacing, and window seals need replacing. Oh and now I need a new mirror.

Generaly I find BMW better built and feel more solid than its counterpart Merc or Audi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair play for the honest answer, I just can't believe any of the german manufacturers seem to be able to make cars that don't break even in the first three years (your clutch obviously can't be blamed on BM although I would have thought it should stand up to abuse for a bit longer).

May have to go around the dealerships on a test drive mission when my cars back and see which ones I can break on the test drives... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Fair play for the honest answer, I just can't believe any of the german manufacturers seem to be able to make cars that don't break even in the first three years (your clutch obviously can't be blamed on BM although I would have thought it should stand up to abuse for a bit longer).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. It would appear that there are only two German vehicles owned by members of this forum, that seemed to be made of something other than cheese.

Step forward, "Class of 2002" A3 TDi Q. The last run out models of these seem to be somewhat special. Slug and myself are un naturally pleased with the lack of mechanical woe that seems to have befallen the rest of you. Or maybe we arn't trying hard enough...

I'll say it again, I love my car, Its not failed in any respect.... And thats an instant kiss of death if ever there was one...Slug, sorry mate, dont send me the bills....

[ QUOTE ]
Eeef and Bowfer forgot to mention that the 1 Series is actually a car for the ladies. That is why the cars were made so ugly, they make any girl driving them look gorgeous!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

I'll have to get one for the wife, see if the theory stands up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'll have to get one for the wife, see if the theory stands up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Your wife sat in my car and no she didnt look any better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Woa, easy now, settle down, I was only joking Eeef.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif