Audi Privacy Glass

bobinder

Reaction score
Is it possible for Audi to retrofit this? I'm expecting my new car next month and don't want to delay receiving the car so wondered if retrofitting is an option and if so how much?

Is it possible for Audi to retrofit this? I'm expecting my new car next month and don't want to delay receiving the car so wondered if retrofitting is an option and if so how much?

You may find it can be added to the order without causing any delay. Check with your dealer.

Reactions: bobinder
Looking at my copy of the parts catalogue which may not be 100% up to date with prices each side will cost £152.59 and the rear window £151.98 so you are looking at £457.16 total.

The Privacy glass option is on £290 so I would see if the dealer can get it added to the order. It is usually possible to change the spec up to around four weeks before the build date.

Reactions: bobinder
Looking at my copy of the parts catalogue which may not be 100% up to date with prices each side will cost £152.59 and the rear window £151.98 so you are looking at £457.16 total.

The Privacy glass option is on £290 so I would see if the dealer can get it added to the order. It is usually possible to change the spec up to around four weeks before the build date.

Thanks, I'll ask the question.

Surely it must be able to install after a car is built, as what happens if someone smashes your rear window or you're involved in an accident that results in those windows being smashed.

From what I was told though, those parts would have to come from Germany, so in Europe, it won't be so bad, but here in Australia, it probably take a month or so to get shipped here.

Another option is to just tint the rear windows when the car arrives

Surely it must be able to install after a car is built, as what happens if someone smashes your rear window or you're involved in an accident that results in those windows being smashed.

From what I was told though, those parts would have to come from Germany, so in Europe, it won't be so bad, but here in Australia, it probably take a month or so to get shipped here.

Yes of course it's possible just a lot more expensive because you pay for two lots of glass. The ordinary from when the car is built and the Privacy glass added later, plus the labour costs involved.

The car could have been built anyway as the OP is expecting it next month...

The car could have been built anyway as the OP is expecting it next month...

Depends on the actual build date. Mine was here 8 days after being built so if it's not due to the end of next month he may just get the request in in-time.

I had privacy glass fitted to my last S3 by the dealer when it was delivered – I paid exactly the same as the price as I would had if I’d ordered it with that box ticked.

I had privacy glass fitted to my last S3 by the dealer when it was delivered – I paid exactly the same as the price as I would had if I’d ordered it with that box ticked.

When did you order it?