Audi price match

musicegbdf

Reaction score
sorry if covered before . Reading the website they will price match , like for like service within 15 miles . I have a written quote that qualifies . I have read there terms and conditions and does not mention has to be out of warranty . Has anyone had success doing this on an in warranty car?

What difference does warranty make?

I have done this with my car which is under the "Audi Extended Warranty" and they just priced matched halfords auto centre.

Also, under EU laws, Audi cannot stipulate where your car is serviced when dealing with warranty claims etc, as long as it has been serviced using genuine parts at a VAT registered garage, so it really shouldn't matter if you have warranty or not :thumbs up:

Yes, Portsmouth Audi price matched a local independent quote when my A3 saloon had its first service, when it was still in warranty...all they wanted was a copy of the quote.

Reactions: musicegbdf
Great! Thks might pop down and show them on Saturday. Would give to the Indy , but they don’t open on Saturday. The difference on warranty is they lower fixed price serving . The difference for a simple oil service is £80 !

sorry if covered before . Reading the website they will price match , like for like service within 15 miles . I have a written quote that qualifies . I have read there terms and conditions and does not mention has to be out of warranty . Has anyone had success doing this on an in warranty car?
Yeah Lincoln Audi (JCT600 group) matched a quote I had for servicing about a year ago for my old A3 which was in warranty. Reduced the cost by about £200! Think I only paid about £150 for an interim service in the end, no hassle at all.

It is crazy , and tbh if the Indy did it on a Saturday I would give them the job . £189 fixed price when out of warranty , £266 if In warranty , Indy £181 . Forty seven percent lower . I guess they hope no one bothers

How on earth can they justify charging more for a car if its in warranty?

Surely the service items and methods to replacing are exactly the same? Sounds like a con to me!!!

Reactions: DrMal and Bells
Just found out the Indy is open on a Saturday. Now a dilemma . Use the Indy or price match at audi .
I feel I want to tell the dealer to get stuffed and be fair to the Indy , but the there are advantages of using the dealer ...
Think I will see if the Indy can do the day I want and take it from there

My car gets its first oil and inspection service in 2 weeks. Audi have halved their quoted price and agreed to match indy price of £140.

Decided to go with Audi as I need a loan car - £15.

I would go to Audi personally if you intend to keep the car/already own it out right.

Some people are so picky when buying, and by selling a car with Full Audi SH, you may have a greater audience :)