Audi Pre-Sense Front Retrofit for the Pre-facelift?

gamegenie

Eazy-E CPT OG from the Otherside
Reaction score
With Pre-Sense Front being made standard for the Facelift 8Vs.

I kinda wish I had this tech now, as I'm seeing just about every new car advertise their car can stop to avoid a collision.

I want my car to have an eye too. :weary:

Do you have the camera in your windshield? I think this is needed to work properly for the front pre-sense plus. You'll also need the radar in the grille and then I think need to take it to the dealership to get calibrated too. Also need the color DIS speedo.

I'm going to try and add front and rear parking sensors which I think is all that is needed for the auto parking feature.

I hae ACC in my current PFL S3 saloon which comes with pre-sense basic and i hate it. Been back to Audi 5 times as i keep getting warnings flashing up about hazards in front of me when there clearly are none. Audi say its just the characteristics of the system and that it can pick up the smallest of this, even reflections on a wet road. This is the reason i'm getting rid of the car as i can't live with it. That is the old system though, not sure what the new one will be like.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

With Pre-Sense Front being made standard for the Facelift 8Vs.

I kinda wish I had this tech now, as I'm seeing just about every new car advertise their car can stop to avoid a collision.

I want my car to have an eye too. :weary:

Is it standard? I have a FL S3 and I dont have it...

Pre-Sense basic is just seatbelt tension and rolling up the windows/sunroof right? Pretty sure it can be disable with VCDS, @DJAlix ?

And I think you can enable Pre-Sense front if you have ACC, and here's the ACC retrofit kit depends if you have color DIS or not, and maybe a new front grill as well..
Acc kit

@rcnacura Here's what you need ON TOP of the front and rear parking sensor for auto parking, there're actually 8 more additional sensors, and it's slow and useless IMO...
TB2cbBQcpXXXXXrXpXXXXXXXXXX 37724932

Reactions: gamegenie and rcnacura
i have pre sense front (psf) as part of the ACC option on my FL - on the MMI you can enable/disable psf and alter its sensitivity - as far as I know both pre sense front and pre sense basic are also standalone options as neither of them are standard on the FL

Just FYI, 2017+ models, at least in the US, pre-collision systems must be offered as optional equipment.

I wish my car never had this fitted waist of time an nearly made me crash a few times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre-Sense basic is just seatbelt tension and rolling up the windows/sunroof right? Pretty sure it can be disable with VCDS, @DJAlix ?

And I think you can enable Pre-Sense front if you have ACC, and here's the ACC retrofit kit depends if you have color DIS or not, and maybe a new front grill as well..
View attachment 109067

@rcnacura Here's what you need ON TOP of the front and rear parking sensor for auto parking, there're actually 8 more additional sensors, and it's slow and useless IMO...
View attachment 109069
I don't mess around with safety systems so never investigated whats possible. To retrofit the camera and sensor in your first photo you will need component protection and SWaP activation. Pretty big job.

for this :

"I don't mess around with safety systems so never investigated whats possible. To retrofit the camera and sensor in your first photo you will need component protection and SWaP activation. Pretty big job"

dont neet SWaP and CP
for line assit only need calibration

and eays to install

only is problem ACC for this need SWaP but is not possible to get from Audi , only crack ....

and after work without problem

for this :

"I don't mess around with safety systems so never investigated whats possible. To retrofit the camera and sensor in your first photo you will need component protection and SWaP activation. Pretty big job"

dont neet SWaP and CP
for line assit only need calibration

and eays to install

only is problem ACC for this need SWaP but is not possible to get from Audi , only crack ....

and after work without problem
Do you know any sources for more Audi cracks for the 8V platform? Not really interested in the ACC, but wondering what else is out there, maybe enable more ADS modes?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk