Audi Pre Sense Front (Manual Transmission)

Minion Bob!

Reaction score
Hi guys

I've had my car nearly 9 months now and luckily never had the car have to deploy PreSense Front .

Obiously I've had it aid me on a few occasions where it flashes up but these are where I've also realised and been taking action at the same time.

So it got me wondering, I have a manual transmission what happens when it needs to break down to zero, does the car stall? How does it deal with this? Has anyone experienced this?

Reactions: pburv
Hi guys

I've had my car nearly 9 months now and luckily never had the car have to deploy PreSense Front .

Obiously I've had it aid me on a few occasions where it flashes up but these are where I've also realised and been taking action at the same time.

So it got me wondering, I have a manual transmission what happens when it needs to break down to zero, does the car stall? How does it deal with this? Has anyone experienced this?
All I can think of is that it will cut power to the engine and apply the breaks. Which would probably stall it?:shrug:
This is what Wiki has on it....

Audi[edit]
2006: "Braking guard" radar-assisted forward collision warning introduced on Audi Q7.

2010: "Pre sense" autonomous emergency braking system uses twin radar and monocular camera sensors[13] and was introduced in 2010 on the 2011 Audi A8.[14] "Pre sense plus" works in four phases. The system first provides warning of an impending accident, activating hazard warning lights, closing windows and sunroof, and pretensioning front seat belts. The warning is followed by light braking to get the driver's attention. The third phase initiates autonomous partial braking at a rate of 3 m/s² (9.8 ft/s²). The fourth phase increases braking to 5 m/s² (16.4 ft/s²) followed by automatic full braking power, roughly half a second before projected impact. "Pre sense rear", is designed to reduce the consequences of rear-end collisions. The sunroof and windows are closed and seat belts are prepared for impact. The seats are moved forward to protect the car's occupants.

2015 introduced the "avoidance assistant" system that intervenes in the steering to help the driver avoid an obstacle. If an accident occurs the "turning assistant" monitors opposing traffic when turning left at low speeds. In critical situation, it brakes the car. "Multicollision brake assist" uses controlled braking maneuvers during the accident to aid the driver. Both systems were introduced on the Second generation Q7.[15]